Chapter Nine - Reason

It was a long walk for (Y/n) to arrive at Emily's room, she kept losing her direction in these never lasting grey doors. It would be much easier to find if the doors were not compiled in numbers and the same grey pattern, was it for confusing the hunters from finding them? Or was owner discriminating those who had a poor sense of direction? She did not know why but, it felt oddly strange.

  (Y/n) did not mean those grey doors, but the feeling of being stalked once again. She was way too familiar with these feelings, and she wanted to get rid of it. She stopped her movements, her grip tighten on the ropes of the ballon. Glancing from the back, she could not spot anyone following her. Perhaps it was just her own imagination, perhaps...

  (Y/n) started to walk again, but this time increasing her pace. (Y/n) admitted that she was overacting a bit like a paranoid, but she wasn't completely wrong for raising her own alertness in such places where hunters could appear at any chances.

"(Y/n)? For God's sakes, what happened to Eli!? And why can you tie him with the balloons which hunters are the only ones allowed to have permission to use it?" (Y/n) felt someone tapped her back a few times, she turned to her back. It was Emily. Great, there she was!

"Oh...oh gosh, I apologise but I do think that we should take Eli into your room, he is wounded badly in the last match." (Y/n) told as Emily began to lead the way to her room. "I am glad that you found me... I got lost in these ways...again..." (Y/n) continued, "And the balloons... I will explain it later when we reached to your room..."

  "It's alright, I get lost when I first arrived to this mansion too. You know, it's just way too big. Anyhow, I still get lost sometimes even until now, how ridicule." Emily mocked at her self. Emily continued to talk, but (Y/n) did not listen, her attention was focused on the Seer. 

  (Y/n) gazed at Eli, he would not have been through such morbid incidents if (Y/n) did not showed up in the first place. It was all her fault, she was a dastard. She couldn't do anything to save him, all she could was watch in silent. It stung her heart when Eli was being pierced by Black, but she did not know how to do. It was like a strait for her, she did not deserve for all the kindness she had been receiving lately.

  "Alright, here we are." (Y/n) paused her own thoughts, and glanced up, slowly raising her head. She took a closer look on the room number, '106' was sealed on the door clearly. Emily quickly unlocked the door, letting (Y/n) in.

  (Y/n) untied the knots on Eli's waist, as he was then flopped on the bed, a thump could be heard afterwards. "Please do put the patient gently on the bed, (Y/n). The action you made earlier might have hurt him, putting him into a greater danger." Emily said, more like a yell to (Y/n) herself.

  Emily prepared the tools and began to check on Eli. Emily frowned at him, as she took off Eli's clothing, understanding where he got hurt exactly. "Who attacked him exactly? The wound that the hunter made was surprisingly large. So it might take a while to heal him." Emily asked, somehow she did not stare at (Y/n).

  "W...well, it's the new hunter, Wu Chang..." (Y/n) said. "W-wu Chang?" Emily gasped at (Y/n)' s answer, why was she that surprise anyways? "Oh no, is it white? Or black did it." Emily asked, her eyes locked with (Y/n)'s. "...black." "I knew that, no one would Ever be so brutal to a survivor, except him. Did you know that everyone feared them even if they are new to here? Because Black is too currish, he scared everyone off just be his attacks." Emily's eyes trailed back to Eli, as she focused once again.

  She used a tiny forceps to hold a cotton, soaking the Seer's blood away one by one. "You can wait on that mini yellow sofa while I take care of Eli, don't worry about it too much. His condition was not as bad as it looks luckily, as long as it did not impaled any of the considerable organs, he would be good as new."

  Emily pulled the curtains, covering the whole bed, preventing any bloody events to be seen easily. (Y/n) sighed deeply, and she sat on the yellowish sofa. She put her left leg on top of the right ones, crossing them. But she switched it one another, from left to right, then right to left again.

  She lulled on the sofa, resting her body against the soft texture completely. As she recalled back her memories, why would Black do such things? She could not get it, was he on a rampage? She did not know, was he...jealous...? No way, why should he be jealous?

  "Hey... could you tell me why the balloons were on your side now? I am really curious how you escaped from Wu Chang." Emily interrupted (Y/n)'s thoughts once again. (Y/n) did not know how to reply, should she told Emily that she hugged a hunter and promised him that she will be her friend in order to save Eli?

No no, that would be too sloppy, it would not be a great excuse and that Emily would not believe in it. "... Because... I... found the balloons when I was decoding one of the cipher machines?" (Y/n) chuckled nervously, she could not believe that she just find such a ridiculous excuse which literally no one would believe!

  "(Y/n)... Are you sure...? I know you are joking, and that I would not believe in such nonsense." Emily said, it's hard to see her with the curtains covering up, but (Y/n could know hat she paused her work on Eli before she started again.

  "I... I...Of course I am joking, haha. What I meant is that... that..." (Y/n) stopped, her brain was now racking, somewhat being twisted merciless by herself. "That?" Emily questioned, wanting for an answer to satisfy her own curiosity.

  "That I found it near the rocket chair?" (Y/n) trumped up another reason, she tried to act like it was real through her tone, but to no avail. Emily's voice could be heard once again, "(Y/n) you are a bad lair, you should have practice more. Tell me the truth, I wanted to know it."

  "Promise me...not to tell anyone...?" (Y/n) said. "I swear." Emily replied. (Y/n) sighed, so this was it. She then told the long story of what happened in the last match, but she skipped the part that she hugged Black. She knew it wasn't allowed to have any body contact with the hunters. It wasn't long before Emily pulled open the curtains and (Y/n) saw that Eli had been covered in bandages nice and neat.

  "So it was clear that Eli got hurt from protecting you. But it seemed that these actions made Black...jealous..." Emily spoke, she tapped her chin slightly, walking in circles. Her head was tiled down, staring down onto the floor, much like a detective inferencing an accident. 

  "How long have you known Wu Chang..." Emily bursted out suddenly, her head looked up from the ground, and stared at the now swearing (Y/n). "Eh...days..? Or weeks...? I don't know..." (Y/n) told, though they did not have much interactions ever since the dream. It was much like a transmission to the both of them, to apt the existence of each other.

  "Well, I think both Black and White had fallen in love. With. You." Emily concluded simply, but these words that Emily told (Y/n) was a disaster to her. She did not know how to handle 'love'. She had never been through 'love', what could she do? Should she seek help?

...