3

Holly was awoken by her father shaking her, asking if she was okay. They were interrupted again by a loud scream, coming from the sarcophagus, there hadn't been one since Holly had passed out, so it shocked Larry. Holly wandered if whoever was in the tomb was the man from her dream.

"Shouldn't we let them out?" Holly asked, beginning to go towards the tomb as she had done before.

"No young lady, we shouldn't." A deep voice said from behind where Holly and Larry stood. Holly turned around to see who else was in the museum. When she saw the 26th president of the United States, she couldn't take it seriously.

"Funny. Now stop playing pranks on me, dad, and let's get whoever's in this coffin out. It's not Nicky, is it? An actor?" Holly asked her dad, not believing any of this was real. She went to push the lid off, freeing the person inside from the claustrophobic space, but Teddy was not having it.

"Young lady, everything in this museum comes to life, and it's that tablet that does it." He said to the girl, his hands on her shoulders. She shook her head but left the tomb anyway, if they wanted that dude to suffocate it was fine by her. "The tablet of Ahkmenrah. Arrived here in 1952 from the Nile expedition. On that night, everything in this museum came to life. And every night since." Holly's head shot up as she heard Ahkmenrah, but was still full of disbelief.

She exited the area, ignoring her dads calls for her to stop and wait. And she wished she did when she saw everything around the museum. Previously wax figures walked out and about, animals flew and ran around. A dinosaur, span in circles chasing its tail. Holly gasped there was no way she was going downstairs to get bombarded by all that.

"Told you." Her dad said as he came to stand next to her, Teddy on the other side of him.

"The suns about the rise, we should all be getting back," Teddy said, walking downstairs as everyone else walked back to their exhibits.

"Welcome to the family, Lawrence, Holly. See you tomorrow night." Teddy said, to the pair.

"Actually, I gotta be honest. I don't think I'm coming back."

"Dad? You can't quit already." Holly butted in.

"Holly is correct. You've only just begun." Teddy agreed with the much younger girl.

"Yeah, well, this is not what I-"

"Lawrence?" Teddy cut him off, not caring for his excuses.

"Yeah?"

"What did you do before you took this post?"

"Well, I've done a lot of things. I invented this thing called the Snapper."

"Did you give up on that as well?

"No, I just hit a few roadblocks. You might have heard of The Clapper?" As this Holly zoned out, walking away from the pair, to the information desk. It was her dad started walking away, a tiny man in his fingers that Holly, looked up.

"Everything about this is so weird." She quietly aloud, rubbing her face with her hands and sighing.

~~~~