Chapter 2 ○ Becoming a Jedi

Tally rushed down the corridor to meet Master Fisto. This was going to be the best day of her life. She was going on a dangerous mission.

When she finally found her Master, she saw a face she hated. Anakin Skywalker. She wasn't supposed to feel such a strong emotion, since she was training to be a Jedi Knight. But she knew how to deal with Anakin.

Tally put on her best smile and turned to her Master, "Why are Padawan Anakin and Master Kenobi here?"

"Tally, teamwork is important." Fisto replied, "So Master Kenobi and I have decided to train the two of you together."

"I think," Anakin chimed in, "That would be great!"

Tally shot Ani a warning look. He replied with a mischievous smile of cluelessness.

The Masters explained to their Padawan their mission. They were to work together to find an illegal drug dealer and assassin.

He had been giving poisonous drugs to unsuspected buyers. Almost a third of Alderaan's drug users have died or become seriously ill.

"A smart drug dealer won't approach Jedi." Anakin questioned his Master. "How are we supposed to find the dealer?"

"That," Master Kenobi replied, "Is up for the two of you to find out."

"Call for is when you need us." Fisto said, walking away with Obi Wan Kenobi.

When they were gone, Tally muttered "Oh great, stuck with Anakin."

"You know I can hear you!" He replied appalled. "Can you work with me for once! That was two years ago! And I have a great plan."

"If your plan is as big as your ego we may have a chance." She snarled.

Anakin told Tally all about his plan. "For once," Tally thought, "He may have come up with something."

When their Masters came back, they explained their plan, and got ready to put it into action.

"Are you sure you will be okay?" Fisto asked Tally. "Master Kenobi and I won't be beside you guys."

"Don't worry Padawan Skywalker and I will be fine."

The two Padawan changed into what normal creatures wear. Not their Jedi attire.

"After you," Anakin told Tally as they walked into a sketchy nightclub.

"We need to ask around for drugs." Tally whispered to her fellow Padawan.

"Don't talk so loud. And act drunk. Then we may be approached by the dealer." He whispered.

As the night grew on, it seemed like they had no hope. They had gone to nightclubs and bars to try to find a dealer, but as they approached the last club on their list, they felt something different.

They asked around, and eventually found a Twilek girl who was willing to sell them drugs.

In the silence and darkness of the corridor, Tally asked using Jedi mind control "Do these drugs contain poison."

"Yes." The Twilek replied. "But don't tell my Master I told you. Shhh!"

"Who is your Master?" Anakin asked ready to solve the mystery.

Just like it was on command, the Twi'lek reached into her pocket grabbed a knife and slit her wrists in the blink of an eye.

"No!" Tally screamed! "We failed!"

"Now we at least know that there is some greater being to all this." Anakin tried to brighten up the mood.

"Our Masters will fail us. How are we ever going to become Jedi now?!"

"You know what Tally? Let's just take the body to them now and tell them what happened. I've had enough of your complaints today."