Chapter 24 ○ Never Trust A Bounty Hunter

Five years had passed since Anakin and Vera had taken on Padawan. The Clone Wars had almost been won by the Republic. The Jedi and the Republic that they had almost attained victory in the Clone Wars. Anakin, Obi Wan, Vera, Del, and Ahsoka fought in a number of battles together. 

Anakin and Obi Wan had been named as the unstoppable two. Any battle the two fought, they won. The Separatist warriors feared them and if they were attacked by one Jedi, they could expect the other one to be close behind.

With the near victory of the Republic, the Separatists had started to attack the Republic Senators. Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo and Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan were the two most attacked Senators for sharing such a huge voice against the Separatists.

The Jedi Council needed Jedi to guard the two. Anakin volunteered to act as a personal bodyguard for Padmé. He wanted to learn more about her. Well, mainly Tally. They had known each other since before Tally joined the Jedi.

Anakin missed Tally so much more each day. Tally told Anakin, using their Force connection, that she couldn't talk to him anymore. That she wasn't safe. He respected her wishes, but he had an empty spot in his heart. Ahsoka filled a part of it, but nothing was the same without Tally.

Since her Master was watching over Padmé, Ahsoka took on the job of a bodyguard for Senator Organa.

The Senators and Jedi went to the docks. "May the Force be with you Ahsoka." Anakin told Ahsoka as she boarded onto Bail's ship.

"You too Master." The girl said as Anakin went on the ship with Padmé.

The ride to Padmé's lake house on Naboo was extremely quiet. Her royal guards were there, but they would leave once Padmé was safely at her lake house. 

When they reached the lake house, Anakin was reminded of his peaceful time on Naboo. He remembered walking to a lake, maybe this one, or another and spending time with his friends who were more like family.

Padmé broke Anakin out of his gaze when she placed her arm on his shoulder, "Anakin, we need to talk." She said in a soothing voice and her eyes shone like they were filling with tears. "I have been trying to find an excuse to talk to you for five years. It's about Tally  Anakin. She has a message for you."

"Please Padmé. Tell me what she wanted me to know." Anakin pleaded. He needed to know what Tally had told the last person of her "normal" life.

"She told me to tell you to remember that there is still love in the galaxy Anakin. I'm no Jedi, but I could sense the love that seeped through her for you. I have never met someone that cared so much about another. A Jedi too. Jedi aren't supposed to have attachments but she cared for you too much to let the Jedi control that part of her life." Padmé sighed. She didn't think that Anakin knew the last piece of information Tally wanted him to know.

"Thank you for telling me Padmé. Tally told me I could ask you about her childhood. Tally never really talked about her youth. Is there anything else you need to tell me?" 

That was when Padmé knew for sure that Tally didn't tell him anything, she spoke again, "She said that one day when it was safe that she'd go back to you."

"I know that." Anakin could sense the unease that Padmé felt. He knew that there was more.

The Senator took a breath before she continued, "Her and your child."

Anakin laughed. "You mean Ben. That's Obi Wan and Vera's kid." He stumbled on his words, "Don't tell anyone. Obi Wan would kill me."

"I already know this. She was pregnant Anakin. I believe the baby is yours." Padmé didn't know what Anakin would do. He was known for being unpredictable.