Chapter 14 ○ The Birth Of The Clones

6 months ago,

Mace Windu had found the secret base of Kamino where there had been an army of clones prepared for the Jedi Council. 600 000 clones trained for battle.

He had an eery feeling about these clones, but he knew they were better than droids.

Master Windu found this base exactly a week ago. He told Master Yoda about his finding and hoped his elder would hold insight. Yoda told Mace to meet the original version of the clones.

When Mace asked the Kaminoans, the long-necked, pale, inhabitants of Kamino, about the original clone, they told him that they had cloned a bounty hunter named Jango Fett.

That worried the Jedi Master. Bounty hunters are not to be trusted. But maybe his previous ideas would deceive him. It was possible that Jango Fett just wanted extra credits.

Mace walked into a café where he was to meet Jango. When the doors opened, Mace only saw one face. He was glad that the Kaminoans had cleared the room for the two. Windu needed to interrogate the bounty hunter.

"You must be Mr.Fett. I am Jedi Master Windu." Windu said to the man.

"That I am." He replied, "Aren't the clones marvelous?" Jango pointed to a window where his clones marched. The Jedi followed his gaze. "So great that I requested to keep one as my son." As if on cue, a boy walked in. He looked about 13 years old. "Boba, say hi to Jedi Master Windu."

The little boy smiled. "Hello!"

"I'm so glad you agreed to meet with me. I along with the other Jedi have been curious about the clones." Master Windu said, "I didn't know that I would meet your son too." He said a little bit confused.

"Once I met the clones, I fell in love with them. They are like my brothers. I wanted a clone that would be like my son. He has brought enough love into my life that I've given up the art of bounty hunting." Jango told Mace.

That made him feel relieved. The bounty hunter had gone soft. Sweet. The Jedi trusted the former bounty hunter.

The three talked and the Jedi was glad to have good news to bring back with him to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

He flew back to Coruscant and a number of Jedi returned with larger ships to bring back their army of clones and put them into action.