Chapter 22 ○ Back To The Jedi

Anakin woke up the next morning expecting to see his love, but all that was there was a note. The note said Anakin's name in Tally's perfect handwriting so he proceeded to read;

Anakin,

I'm so sorry. I can't go back to the Jedi bit you have to for reasons I cannot say. You have been my best friend from the moment I met you. We have had our step backs but we found each other in the end. Know that there is still love in the galaxy. It breaks my heart that I can't be with you but trust me, it's for the best. For both of us. I took Ben with me. Vera and I know that it is necessary for me to train him and keep him safe when you all go back to the Jedi. Fight gallantly. I know you can. Help the Republic win the war against the Separatists. You will succeed. And please know that you can always talk to my friend Senator Padmé Amidala. She knows all about my childhood if you ever want to know anything about me. And I know our connection is strong enough. One day we will connect through the Force. Anakin I know I shouldn't ask you this. It breaks my heart to leave you as I am sure you are crushed, but marry me. I saw the ring. I have it if that is what you want. We will see each other again. And when we do I want to be your wife. It pains me to leave you but it is out of love Ani.

I will love you for eternity whether alive or dead,

~Tally Diquavis

As Anakin read this, hot tears streamed down his face. He loved Tally more than words could express. Anakin was angry but happy. Angry that Tally couldn't be with him. But happy that he could now be "married" to her.

He opened his pocket and saw that in fact Tally had taken the ring he wanted to give to her last night.

"Tally." Anakin cried out with the Force. "I understand. I love you. When we see each other next we will be married."

"Thank you." He heard a voice like Tally's call back to him. He knew his message had reached her through the Force. "Ani I need t..." Tally's voice faded. Anakin figures that Tally had lost her concentration between the two and had to use the Force to focus on something else. He had no idea what she could possibly be doing.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

When Obi Wan woke up he saw a note beside him. When he picked it up, the note read "Master Kenobi and Master Denaro" He thought the note to him and his wife was from Tally. He shook Vera's shoulder so she could see the note.

"What is it..." Vera mumbled.

"A note from Tally for us. We should read it before the Jedi come and fetch us." Obi responded.

They opened the note;

Obi Wan and Vera,

I am thrilled that Anakin and I were able to find you last night in that cave. I deeply hope that you will recover from whatever happened to you. As you told Anakin and I, "Events to traumatizing to describe." But there is a more important matter that I beg of you not to tell Anakin. Bring this note directly to the Jedi Council. In the midst of last night, I had a Force vision of Anakin. He turned to the Dark Side. Killed innocent people and Jedi. I fear that his attachment to me will cause this. That is why the Force called upon that vision for me to acquire. I have left Naboo and will remain in hiding until I see that it is safe. Don't try to look for me. I can not be found. Anakin is the Chosen One. He is sworn to destroy the Sith. That is why I cannot stay. I fear that if I do Anakin will join the very thing he was sworn to destroy.

Master Diquavis
May the Force be with you.

The couple looked to each other. This wasn't Tally's goodbye to them. That was last night. This was her trying to protect Anakin. The only thing in her mind was to save him.

The five, including the droids, met in the living space, ready to walk to the Jedi safe-house.

"She's gone," Anakin said with the spark in his eyes fading.

"She'll be okay. So will Ben. Did her note to you tell you what happened?" Vera said in a singsong voice.

"How could you not tell Obi about giving up Ben!?" Anakin grew angry.

Obi Wan put his arm on Anakin's shoulder, "I know that it's for the best. You should too."

The two figured that Tally hadn't wanted to seem evil, kidnapping a baby, but still wanted Anakin to have another clueless allie to help calm him.

They started on their journey, purposely scraping themselves with sticks so the Jedi would believe their capture.

Soon after they reached the safe-house, Jedi Master Plo Koon met them accompanied with two other small feeder ships to a Republic cruiser.

"Where is Tally? Where did you two come from?" Plo asked.

"I can explain." Obi Wan said.

Tally went in the ship with one clone. Anakin accompanied by his droids with the other clone. Obi Wan went in Plo Koon's ship to tell him what had happened. Or at least their cover story.

He continued to tell Plo Koon on the way back to Coruscant what had happened. How he and Vera were "kidnapped" and brought to Naboo. How the other Jedi "found" them the previous night. And gave Plo Koon the letter Tally wrote since he was apart of the Jedi Council to finish off the story.

AN

Recently I've been trying to write longer chapters. I want to finish up this story in the next few chapters because I have big plans for what we know as the Originals. I also feel like my previous chapters have been quite short and I feel as though I should add to make them more detailed before I write a new story. I have felt like even though I don't feel like I've been writing for a lengthy amount of time that I have still evolved as a writer. I am having a great time writing about Star Wars. These are my two passions put together, writing and Star Wars so I hope everyone else enjoys the writing I've put out there. Have a good one!

Bye Amigos!