Midnight walk

I got out of Chase's car and slowly dragged my feet toward the front door. Half of me couldn't wait to get inside and the other half wanted to bolt back to my house. My mind and stomach was a mass of emotions and confusion that I was beyond sorting. I felt sick.

Chase walked up and unlocked the door-taking my bag as he did so and stepping into the house.

"You hungry babe?" He asked as he lead me into the kitchen.

"Uh-huh." I said balling my hands into fists to keep them from wrapping around his neck. Calm down Elle. Just distract yourself. "Where's the cereal?" I asked.

He started to laugh, "You want cereal?" I nodded and that made him laugh even more. I rolled my eyes.

"Top shelf in the cupboard." He said gesturing behind him.

I walked over to the cupboard and had to stand on my tippy toes to reach the shelf. You would think at 5'8" I'd be able to reach it but nope. I reached for Lucky Charms as I thought about Chase. He was acting like the heat wasn't affecting him. How was he doing that? 

I grabbed the cereal and turned to find Chase staring at me. He kept staring at me as I walked over to the counter where he'd put the milk and bowl. I felt insecure under the scrutiny of his eye. Why was he staring at me like that? He was gripping the counter hard and biting his lip when he finally looked away.

"Chase? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing could be more possibly right Elle but somehow it's wrong." He said.

"What?" I said completely confused.

"You start heat and then come to my house. Coincidentally my parents are out of town for the next few days and so we're here alone but I can't touch you until-" He stopped, pushing himself off the counter and turning his back to me.

"Until I'm done with heat." I finished eating a spoonful of the cereal. He nodded.

"Why the sudden staring?" I asked shoving another spoonful into my mouth.

"Elle are you blind? Your ass is practically falling out of those shorts and when you stretched for the cereal you took your shirt with you." He said laughing.

I blushed, "They're not that short." I defended looking down at my cereal.

When I looked up again he was directly in front of me, "Yeah babe. They are." He took my bowl from me and set it down before hooking one of his fingers into a single belt loop in my shorts. He pulled me in close and kissed me-long and sweet. He stood there and hugged me as we kissed. I could feel his fast paced heartbeat against my chest and my wolf demanded to get closer to Chase. I pushed him away and turned away from him.

"So uh...Bedtime?" He asked. I nodded.

He lead me up the stairs into his room without hesitation. So much had changed. What used to be a twin sized bed covered in Cars patterns was now a queen with all black sheets. His dresser had moved across the room, his desk was nowhere to be seen, a flatscreen up against the wall,  and clothes were everywhere. The room smelled like him and I immediately began thinking up ways that I could keep that smell on me forever.

He strode over to his dresser and pulled out one of his shirts, "Here." He said placing it in my hands.

"Chase I have stuff donwstairs I can go get-" I started but I heard him almost silently whimper.

"Please wear it. I want to see you in something of mine." He said with his sad face. I smiled and headed toward the bathroom to change. I pulled off my clothes and swimsuit  hopping into the shower to rid myself of the sand. I finished quickly and got out only to realize that my underwear was downstairs in the bag I brought. I groaned. Somebody up there hates me.