Sandwich Brain

I ran through the forest as quickly as I could-anxious to get away from my assailant- but it still wasn't fast enough. WHAT THE HECK?! I'M THE FASTEST WEREWOLF I KNOW WHY WAS MY PURSUER GAINING ON ME?!

I jumped over fallen trees and dodged branches shaped like old, skinny fingers that attempted to grab my face and slow me down. I know a nightmare that takes place in the forest, original. I don't control these things ok?! I didn't have to turn back to know that my chaser was only a few paces behind. I would not scream-I would not give this person the satisfaction of my scream. The cliche rose to an even higher level when I tripped over a log that I somehow didn't see (which is insane because I would have seen it.)

I fell to the ground-scraping my arms on the rough terrain-feeling all the different shapes of rock pierce every part of my body. I let out a tiny gasp as the pain flooded through me. I rose quickly-determined to outrun my pursuer and this storybook dream. Sadly I had lost too much ground with the fall and my pursuer caught my backside before I had time to run. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't scream and I flailed and fought-doing anything I could to get away from this person. His scent gave away that he was a man-a very strong man.

"STOP FIGHTING ME." He spoke silencing me immeadiately. It was Chase's voice.

"CHASE!" I said with happiness in my voice before It was replaced with an irrevocable fear in the pit of my stomache. Suddenly every instinct I had was telling me run get away from him NOW! My body began convulsing and defending itself with a power I had never known existed in me before.

C'mon Elodie fight! Get away from him! my wolf urged as I continued to kick and scream-not carng if he heard them anymore.

"STOP IT!" he yelled spinning me around and throwing me to the ground-knocking the wind out of me and turning my vision to pulsing circles. He then got on top of me and pulled a knife out of his jacket. Since when did he carry a knife?

I rose my hands to meet his as he tried to drive the blade into my heart. The end was coming and I knew it. He was too strong and inching closer every second. I began to cry and beg him to stop.

FIGHT ELODIE COME ONNNNN!my wolf howled at me as my hand slipped away from the blade allowing the blade to dive a few inches deeper. My arms ached, the rocks dug into my spine as I laid on them, and Chase was going to kill me. I then lost my grip and the knife dove down down.................

My eyes flew open as I awoke in a pool of sweat and tears. My heart was racing as I took in my surroundings. I wasn't being killed I had only been dreaming. I was still in the prison/bedroom. The clock read 1:30 A.M. It had only been a dream. Only a dream. I kept whispering to myself as I slowed my breathing.

Suddenly Jesse burst through the door-his face full of alarm.

"Are you alright?" He asked coming directly towards me but stopping at the edge of the bed. I noted that he remembered my love of personal space and smiled at the thought.

I shook my head no. I hadn't stopped crying but answering caused me to choke on my tears and fall into another sobbing fit.

"Oh gosh Elle." He said before he kicked off his shoes and hopped onto the bed. He quickly pulled me into his arms and held me as I sobbed. He was so warm and comforting. Being in his arms was...nice. I liked it. My whole body shook with sobs and Jesse just held me. I was waiting for him to ask what had happened but he just stayed silent.

When I finally stopped crying, Jesse pulled away and looked deep into my eyes before gently wiping the tears away. I cracked a small smile to let him know I was somewhat ok.

Check MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara