Chapter 3

Merlin's POV

I sat down on one of the collages benches feeling like an idiot Untill a a prety girl with brown curly hair and dark eyes walked me over to me. She held out her hand out to shake as she spoke.
"hi I'm gwenhwfer but most people call me gwen"" she smiled "I'm friends with Arthurs sister"

I looked at the girl who's complexion looked fermillia.
"right." I smiled "well I'm merlin" I shock her hand.
"although most people just call me idiot"
"no,  no, no I saw what you did. You're so brave" gwen ensured. I knew she was only trying to make me feel better but it didn't help.
"it was stupid" I muttered.
"well I'm glade you didn't continue the fight.  You weren't going to beat him"

"oh I could beat him" I laughed.

Gwen looked me up and down "you think?" she awkawdly smiled "because you don't looks like one of these big muscly kind of fellows"

I looked at gwen strangly as she tilted her head as if annalizing how my scrawny body would do in a fight. I felt slightly offended but something else... Had I met this girl somewhere before?

"thanks." I twisted my head. Suddenly she seemed to relize what she had said.

"no!  No,  I'm sure your stronger  then you look" she reassured quickly.

I looked at gwen with a puzzled look.

"it's just that um Arthurs one of these rough tough save the world kind of men and well..."

"what?" I asked.

"you dont look like that" she said as if afraid she'd said the wrong thing. But I found it quite ardoribal she was getting flustered so easily.

I looked around me and singled her to lean in. "i'm in disguise" I whispered.

Gwen looked at me for a moment then broke into a laugh. I began to laugh along with her.
"well its great you stood up to him"

"you think so?" I smiled.

"Arthurs a bully and everyone thought you where a real hero"

Except for the getting knocked out part I thought.

"Oh yeah?"

"mmhmm" gwen smiled.

Not a moment to soon The bell began to ring.  "well i'll see you around gwenhwfer" I smiled waving at my new friend as I headed to my first class. History.

---------

It's wasn't to difficult to find my classroom. I sat in that second back back row and began pulling out my text books. Before long more students began poring in. The last in was the royal pain in the arse Arthur. He decided to sit in the front row.

"welcome every body to a fresh ne  start at collage" our teacher smiled his grey stringing hair tied back I to a pony tail "i'm your teacher mister fim but you can call Mr Gaius"

Not a moment to soon I remembered my mother telling me a old friend of hers worked here. It must be him.
"this term we will be learning about the Arthurian legends" he smiled.

The whole class grumbles in response.
Except for one. Arthur whom looked very eger.