chapter 6

Arthurs POV

A few weeks have past and the kid merlin seemed a little less unbearable, in fact I had come to terms and learnt about the little endearing qualities about him. He was easy to talk to, had a cottages laugh and was just a smart ass not afraid of what the other person might do.

You are probably wondering why the sudden change of heart? well in full truth he still is the absolute most annoying person to ever walk the earth. When we both showed up to detention I dropped my pencil and asked merlin to pick it up since it was closer to him. Instead of doing as I asked he just looked at me with a humoured glance and said "what am I, your servant?"  

What he said seemed to send a familiar jolt of happiness. I laughed in response shaking my head surprised by my sudden fondness of him. I started to feel guilty for being rude to him before. The next day we where both pared up for science. I looked down at the text books struggling to memorize any of the notes. I started at the book for a good five minutes wondering how in the hell anyone could read this. I looked over to see merlin with a amused look on his face. I felt  myself turn bright read.

"shut up merlin . you try and do better at this" I glared at him.

He smirked at showed his book filled with notes.

"how?"

"its called doing work ever heard of it?"

"whatever" I huffed turning my attention back to the text book.

"do you need help" merlin asked looking at my empty book.

"no" I muttered. yes I thought.

"here you can use mine" he smiled. I looked at him surprised by his gesture. Again the same familiar feeling arose.

It had been about two months and merlin and I became pretty good friends. In fact almost best friends. Everyday since I was only little I had felt like I was forgetting something... forgetting someone and now that I had met merlin that feeling at gone but not completely. Every time I saw him I felt as if I needed to say something to him but I could never figure out what that was. The most weird apart about all of this is my dreams. Every night I dream of staring up at merlins crying face. He's holding me as I'm dying. My  side hurts sucking my life force away. I'm telling him something and he replies but it sounds to fuzzy to make out any words. He's wearing some weird olden day outfit while I am wearing chainmail. It ends when my eyes slowly close. I wake up with a jolt realising I had been crying. I wake with the most horrible guilt. I want to hug merlin and tell him I'm sorry, sorry for everything but I don't even know what  I am sorry for. Only now I have realised something. I always had dreams like these but the figure was always blurred out. Only now having met merlin I have seen the figures face. It is merlin but why?

AN: hey so this chapter is manly to fill in the time gap of merlin and Arthur becoming friends. hope you enjoyed