Chapter 5

Merlin's POV

Rumours spread quick around here. Ever since Arthur fainted in class nobody payed any attention to me being knocked out. I liked it that way.
Although none of the students where gain enough to tease the boy up front, they would whisper behind his back only making him more mad.

"what do you think happened" gwen sat next next to me.

I set aside my book looking at the brown headed girl.

"what do you mean?" I asked.

"you no about the whole 'Arthur fainting In class thing'" Gwenhwfer quoted with her fingers.

"I don't know" I said beginning to smile "you no for someone who hates Arthur you certainly like to keep up to date on his life."

"I do not!" Gwen blushed.

"oh come on gwen I thought you where into those rough tough save the world kind of men" I said remembering our previous conversation when I was In the stocks...the stocks? No when I was sitting down.

"no! I'm into much more ordainary men like you"

I opened my mouth to say something but I wasn't quite sure how to respond. Did she just say she likes me?

"oh no I didn't mean you! I just went ordainary men like you..."

"ah" I laughed earning a shy giggle from gwenhwfer.

"are you coming to the schools 20th year anniversary?" gwen finally asked.

"yeah probably. Are you?" I asked

"yes but I'll be helping out with the party insted" she smiled "I should be going, Morgana is going to be wondering where I am."

"morgana?" I mumbled but gwen didn't seem to hear me.
As I waved goodbye to my friend I could hear someones annoying voice.

"hows your fist throwing coming along?" none other then the prat himself Arthur said giggling with the rest of his dumb friends.

I wanted to punch his smug face but that would only land me in more trouble. I decided to ignore him and starting to walk off.

"oh don't run away!" I heard him say.

"from you?" I stopped in my tracks biting my bottom lip in frustration.

"ah thank god" he huffed "I thought you where death just as well as dumb"

My mind was blown by how annoyingly stupied and arrogant this guy was. Couldn't he leave me be? I smiled to myself thinking of a few words I could say that where not family friendly.

"look I told you your an ass" I turned around to face the blond tilting my head "I just didn't relise you were a royal one."

Arthur rolled his eyes looking at his friends in disbelief but he seemed more surprised then anything.
I sighed dramatically "Oo what are you gonna do? Get your daddies men to protect you?" I smirked.

"excuse me?" he asked widening his eyes.

"your dad proubly bought your friends as well as your way into this school, no way your clot pole of a brain would get in here."

There where a few gasps from students who were now watching us. Instead of hitting me he just laughed.

"I could take you apart with one blow"

"I could take you apart with less then that" I smirked. The words just seemed to float in my head as if now was the right time to use them. It was a missing puzzle and Arthur had the missing piece.