The Chosen

Chapter Three

I was still screaming when my parents, Mason and Lance ran into my room. I couldn't see anything, my head was pounding and I was feeling around me trying to find something to grab.

"Melanie! What happen are you okay?" My dad said picking me up and putting me on my bed.

"I can't move and I'm really hot." I sat up and drank the water that was beside my bed. "Mom can you run me a cold shower and help me into it, dad can you please get me a towel from the linen closet, please hurry. I feel like I'm gonna throw up, hurry..." I was so out of breath.

"What can I do?"

"Can you wait for me in here, I didn't get much sleep and I want you to be here so I can actually get some..."

"Okay gorgeous I will be in here when you get back." He sat on the bed.

My mom ran out and started a cold shower for me and dad got me a towel then he gave me to my mom so she could undress me because I still couldn't move. She gently put me in the shower sitting down. The running cold water made me feel a lot better and I could finally move.

"Mom I'm fine now, you can leave," I felt uncomfortable with my mom seeing me naked. I know she's my mom, but still I'm 17, now it's awkward.

She left and I just sat there my knees up to my chest. I thought of that little girl and what happen, but I didn't have any energy. I had my shower and asked my mom to grab me some comfy clothes when I got out. She came in a put some clothes on the bathroom sink, after getting dressed I went into my room where Mason was laying on my bed waiting for me like I asked him to. I don't even think he moved.

"Mom could I have a nap, with Mason?" It's weird I have to ask my mom but it's just my parent's rules.

"Sure honey I will come check on you two in a bit," she looked at me with loving eyes and closed my door. That was easy, then I heard my dad mock my mom outside my door.

"Sure honey you can sleep with your 18-year-old boyfriend with the door closed," he said it in a weirdly high-pitched voice.

"It's fine Toby. Mason is a good man and our daughter is sick give them a break."

When my parents left I felt scared, tired and all I wanted to do is curl up with Mason and sleep.

"Mason, what's wrong?"

"Don't ever leave me okay?"

"Never, I promise. Same goes with you." I told him. I loved Mason with every inch of my being, he was my everything.

"I promise gorgeous." I closed my eyes and he started playing with my hair, until I feel into a deep sleep.

"Babe, time to wake up it's 12." I opened my eyes slightly and I could see Mason looking at me and smiling. "And you have a lot of homework to do."

I opened my eyes slightly and saw Mason staring at me with his blue eyes. I kissed him so much he probably couldn't breathe properly. "I love you so much," I was still kissing him. "PS you're such a nerd."

"I love you too Mel." he gave me a big hug. "PS, I'm your nerd."

The day felt short, but not too boring. I could finally walk a bit and ate a lot. Mason went home an hour after I got up. He had homework and so did I. My homework pile was huge and since it was Sunday I had to get at least half of it done by tonight.

It took me 4 hours doing Math, Social, and LA homework. I finally finished and passed out at 10 pm not even telling my parent's goodnight. I heard them come in to check if everything was okay, but I fell straight back to sleep. I had a good sleep, because nothing happen. Which was a great thing for me, I guess.