It's You

"Arendelle. Wow. It hasn't changed a bit, after all these years." Ben was full of excitement. Seeing such a great kingdom again is going to be a whole new experience. But at the same time, he was rather nervous too. Everyone who attended the coronation arrived on ships. He even saw the welcoming party at the docks from the mountain. People might find strange that he just appeared out of nowhere. He had to come up with something to say when he was asked that why didn't they see him at the docks. But right now, he was too busy exploring the town. The ball will only take place after the princess is officially crowned, so he had some time. He walked around the town, admiring everything it had to offer. The market, the town square, the church. Everything was beautiful, but a little different from what he remembered. He wanted to savor the time he spent here, after all, you don't get to see buildings like that on Bellwood. Thankfully, people either didn't notice or didn't care that he wasn't at the docks. No one had asked him about how did he get to Arendelle, or where did he come from. Heck, they didn't even ask him about his casual clothing. Everyone is in a fancy suit and everything while he's only wearing a green jacket, a black t-shirt underneath and blue pants. 

He was currently strolling along the shore, looking at the sea. The princess' coronation was only half an hour away, so he decided to take a relaxing walk before it. He didn't know why, but the sight of the ocean always calmed him. And he needed it because he became a little nervous that he didn't know how to act at an event like that. He wished he could see some royalties, so he could see how they act around other people.

But consider this a wish come true, because, in the next moment, Ben found himself on the ground, feeling as if cannonbolt rolled on high speed then bumped him. As he rubbed the back of his head to ease the pain, he slowly stood up and heard an angry voice.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Ben turned his head to the direction of the voice and saw a young girl with strawberry blond hair, blue eyes, and a freckled face. She had her hair in a bun and wore a green dress.

"Me?! You were the one who-" Ben's eyes suddenly widened. This girl looked familiar. Really familiar. And the girl is looking at him in a similar way he's looking at her. To Ben, it seems like they met before. "Have we met before? You kinda look..."

"Familiar? Yeah, you either." The girl responded.

"If I'm not mistaken, you must be... Anna. Right?" Ben said, taking a wild guess. "Anna, is that really you?" He added.

"Yes. I am princess Anna of Arendelle." She answered.

"Haha! I knew it!" Ben chuckled and smiled. "So, do you still remember me?"

"I'm still remembering." She looks at his face intently, trying to recognize who he is.

"Dum dum, it's me. Ben." He said as Anna blinked momentarily then smiled.

"Ben?" She said in a wondering voice. "Oh! That's right! Ben!" She exclaimed as she ran to him and hugged him tightly. "It's so nice to see you again. How are you doing?"

"Oh, you know, still doing my thing, you know what it is." He said, giving her a wink.

"Of course. Ah, it's really you! It's really great to see you again!" She exclaimed so excitedly. "I didn't expect for you to be here, I thought you're not gonna visit us again. I missed you." Anna said to him, causing Ben to smile.

"I missed you too," Ben replied.

"So, what brings you around these parts anyway?"

"Oh. Uhm... I.. uh... figured it's your coronation day." Ben lied. "You're getting crowned as queen now, huh?" Ben added.

"No silly," Anna gave Ben a slight punch in the shoulder. "It's Elsa's coronation day."

"Ah! Yes! Of course. Elsa. So where's Elsa anyway?"

"She's in her room, getting ready for the coronation." She answered. "Hey, you know, I haven't seen Elsa for three years now," Anna confessed which surprised Ben.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Ben asked her curiously.

"Three years ago our parents are to set off on a two-week sea voyage to attend a wedding from the neighboring kingdom. During a storm, they are drowned at sea by monstrous waves. It really bothered me deeply, like, you don't see or find out your parents drowned every day, and what hurts me the most is the fact that Elsa shut me out again. She shut herself off again. She locked herself in her room again and never talked to me ever since." Anna confessed as Ben listened to her intently.

"Do her powers have something to do with it?" Ben further asked.

"I don't know. I'm not sure. But every time I touch her room's door, it's cold as ice." She said as something just came to her mind. "The coronation day! Look, I have a lot of things to tell you but I'm gonna be late. It's really nice seeing you again Ben. I bet Elsa will be delighted to see you too. Elsa's coronation ceremony will be at the chapel, so be there."

"I will." He smiled.

"Great! Uhm, so, see you later then. Bye Ben." Anna waved as she went on her way.

"See ya." Ben returned her wave. She started to run to the chapel, but this time she was the one who got knocked over by someone. The sound of the impact did not avoid Ben's ears and he turned to see Anna stumble into a small rowboat on the edge of the port. She could've fallen into the water but luckily, a horse's leg pulled the boat back to the shore. Anna, on the other hand, wasn't amused.

"Hey..."

"I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?" asked the owner of the horse that knocked her over. He was a young man in a regal suite, with green eyes and auburn hair that fell neatly into place and framed his face along with the sideburn that extended to the beginning of his jawline. He was rather handsome and probably a few years older than her. Anna was now amused.

"Hey." Every anger in her body suddenly vanished. "No, I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" The young man asked as he got off of his horse and offered Anna a hand to help her up.

"Yeah. I just wasn't looking where I was going, but I'm great, actually." Anna assured him as she accepted it without hesitation.

"Oh, thank goodness." The man smiled. The two of them got lost in each other's eyes with light smiles on their faces as Ben watched it from a few feet afar.

"There's something on that guy that I don't trust at all." Ben thought. After a few moments in awkward silence, the man broke the ice.

"Prince Hans of the Southern Isles." he introduced himself.

"Princess Anna of Arendelle," Anna replied.

"I would like to officially apologize for hitting you with my horse." Hans apologized. "And for everything that happened after."

"No. You don't have to... it's fine. I'm... I'm not a princess. I mean... if you had hit my sister Elsa, it would be... yeesh! But lucky you, it's just me." Anna said sweetly.

"Just you?" Hans asked. The two of them kept staring at each other until something in Anna's mind clicked. She forgot the coronation was gonna start soon.

"The Bells. The coronation. I better go... I have to go. I better go, uh... Bye!" She said awkwardly to Hans. His horse waved at Anna using it's left leg that was used to hold the rowboat, and Hans saw that he was standing in the rowboat, where he pulled back Anna from.

"Oh, no." was all Hans could say as the boat, with himself fell into the water. Ben, from afar, smirked smugly. And that smirk remained on his face on his entire way to the church.