Doubt

Prince Hans of the Southern Isles felt like he had never been tasked with a more difficult task. Being the thirteenth of the sons of his father, he was usually forgotten and the important jobs were all handed to the princes between the second and the seventh in line. The firstborn was the king for a while now and was ruling alongside his wife. The only reason for him being sent on this coronation event was that his oldest brother considered it a minor event and sent Hans to attend to it because of it. Hans never really minded being a spare for his older brothers, at least he could do what he wanted without worrying about the kingdom's biggest issues, but it also meant he wasn't really prepared for something like this. But come to think of it, he believed that none of his brothers or anyone else would be prepared for something like this, to begin with.

Taking care of the citizens of Arendelle and the kingdom itself was not really a big challenge. But reassuring everybody about a situation like this was something different. It was difficult when even he had no idea what the heck was going on. He's never seen magic before and he wondered if anybody did before.

Fortunately for him, he had found two helpful companions in the Prince and Princess of Corona, who were more than willing to help him keep the people in warm and also deal with some people who were not so patient with this situation as others. The people who were just afraid and losing their hope were being kept encouraged by the ever so optimistic and joyous Princess Rapunzel, while the people who were angry at their queen and kept saying they should do something about this winter in a more violent way were put to their places by Prince Eugene, with a little help of Hans of course. Hans could understand them, but they didn't have to use drastic measures to end the winter, not yet. Said prince was currently residing within the library trying to warm himself next to the fireplace that was blazing alive with wild flames, but at the moment, even that did not seem enough to reduce the feeling of this terrible cold. Hans himself never thought that cold would ever feel so bad, so weakening, so intense or so forceful, but it was different to actually experience it.

Suddenly the door of the room opened and Rapunzel and Eugene entered the room. They didn't seem to do any better. Rapunzel could barely manage to find herself a small fur coat to put over her light dress she was usually wearing. The poor woman probably wouldn't have lasted much in it alone. Her husband was pretty much feeling like Hans. They didn't pack any winter clothing for this trip, but their current clothes kept them at least a little bit warm. Hans quickly helped them to the fireplace. Rapunzel eagerly reached out, trying to suck up as much warmth as she could while her husband just quickly warmed himself up.

"Is everything done?" Hans asked the other prince. Eugene nodded.

"Yes. Every person the castle could support are brought in, the rest of them were brought into the more stable and warmer places in the city. The royal guards will take care of them." Hans nodded back. The people are taken care of, but this damn winter still didn't want to stop. And he had a feeling that it will only get worse.

Never in his life did he feel so helpless. Anna said she will find a solution to this problem, but she has been gone for hours now and there was still no change in the weather. If Hans wanted to be honest with himself, he started to worry. He started assuming the worse. Seeing the concern on his face, Eugene had a pretty good idea about what he was thinking of and he tried to reassure him.

"Look, I know you are worried about her, but there will be no problem, she's a tough girl. I can see that from a mile." he smiled. "Besides, she is looking for her sister. She is the only family she had left and I don't think she would let a little cold stopping her from bringing her back."

"I think your wife would disagree with you," Hans remarked, gesturing to the brunette, who was still shivering next to the fireplace. She was still cold, but she managed to get enough energy back to respond.