~Chapter 3~

It's been two days. Two days since they were captured and yet Victoria didn't lose hope. She knew that someone was going to save them or they'll save themselves.

They studied the bandits rounds, when they went to sleep, when they had a break. And finally they came to a conclusion: the perfect time to escape was in three... two.... one.... Now!

Victoria took her sister hand and ran at the other side of the cave, avoiding being seen. They slipped past what seemed to be the restroom and made their way next to the entrance.

Now was the difficult part, two bandits were always posted at the entrance. Victoria took a few steps back, they were back next to the restroom, near the middle of the cavern.

"Margaret" she whispered. "Go ahead and walk behind them. I'll be a decoy." But her sister only shook her head.

"There's no way I'm letting you. I'm the eldest, I'll take the risk."

"No!" Victoria whisper yelled "It's my fault. I should've listened to you. We were captured because of me."

Margaret silenced her. She went behind the guards and coughed. They turned in front of her, eyes widening "What are you doing here!? Get back in the cave now!"

But Margaret wasn't planning on it, she had to give some time to Victoria. Seeing the reluctance of the princess the grabbed her arms and threw her in, calling for their boss.

"She was behind us, and the second one is nowhere to be seen." The chief growled before smirking.

"Little one! I know that you're not gone. If you don't come out now, I'll kill your precious sister."

Victoria froze. They couldn't kill her sister right? She had to get help from her father or Meliodas. She glanced over Margaret who was shaking her head, she wanted Victoria to know that she had to leave without her.

"Your time is passing little princess. Three... Two-" he dragged Margaret closer and held her by her neck, his sword in his other hand. The bandit opened his mouth but a tiny voice stopped him

"Alright! Just let her go, please!"

He smiled cruelly at the girl. "I never planned on letting her go in the first place."

Victoria eyes widened as the man stabbed her sister she yelled at him to stop, running towards Margaret's limp body.

"Margaret, oh my god. Margaret no!" She held her sister body in her arms "It's my fault, it's all my fault I promised you. I betrayed you. How could you trust me!?"

She was in so much pain, her sister just died because of her. She was so blinded by anger and pain that she didn't notice the earth shaking, long spikes coming from underground, stabbing the bandits.

She was so blinded by sadness and emptiness that she didn't realize that she just killed dozens of men. She didn't realized that she was lying in a sea of blood.

She didn't realized that on the back of her hand a tattoo appeared, a red tattoo shaped like a wolf. Victoria didn't realized that she became a deadly sin.

In the castle Meliodas was busy searching for the two young princesses who had gone missing. They searched everywhere, in the castle, in the woods even in the neighboring kingdoms.

Suddenly everything stopped, he felt a immense amount of magical energy coming from the forest and a pain in his chest.

The same pain that he had when someone became a sin. 'No' he thought 'it can't be.'

Running in the empty corridors, he nargues in the throne room looking for the king. "Sir. I found the princesses."

The king called his best knights and of course the Seven Deadly Sins. They all ran behind Meliodas following his instructions.

However they couldn't believe what they found in the cave, dozens of corpse, all had empty holes in their chest, and in the middle of this pool of blood, a sobbing princess.

Victoria was holding her sister body, not letting her go. She didn't want to believe that Margaret was dead. She sensed new magical energies coming towards her.

"Go away! You won't have her! You won't take her!" She was shaking, brambles came from the ground and immobilized the knights and the King.

The Seven Deadly Sins managed to break free and walked closer. "Captain" Bam eyes were wide "T-That mark on her hand-" the other sins gasped.

"No, no, no. It's impossible! She is too young! She can't possibly!" King yelled, how could they believe that a seven years old child became a sin? That she might have done something unforgivable?

Victoria was the definition of kindness. Meliodas told the rest of his group to stay while he walked farther through the brambles,

"Little Vic? It's me, Meli. I'm here to protect you okay? Tell me who did this?"

Victoria looked up breathing heavily "I-I did, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I promised her to take her back to safety! That we would make it out alive! I betrayed her! She shouldn't have trusted me!"

It all became clear for the Captain, that little girl made an important promise in a life or death situation.

Her sister sacrificed her life to save Victoria, breaking in the process the powerful promise.

"Victoria, Everything is going to be fine. You need to let go of Margaret and come with me." Victoria nodded slowly and let go of her sister body, the king and the knights were free from the brambles and Bartra carried the lifeless body of his daughter.

Victoria was in Ban's arms, crying and whispering "I'm sorry, it's all my fault."

The sins were silent, they knew the burden of being one of them, they knew that the young princess was going to blame herself forever.

Everyone made their way back in the castle and doctors took care of Victoria. Two days after Margaret's funerals were held and a week after Victoria began her training as a sin.