~Chapter 10~

"Victoria," My sister's sweet voice called. "I missed you."

I couldn't bring myself to look at her in the eyes, she died because of me, because she tried to protect me even when I swore to keep her safe.

"Victoria look at me," Margaret ordered. I slowly raised my head to meet her brown eyes.  "You became such a beautiful woman, I am proud of you-"

"Don't say that!" I yelled. "How can you...How can you say that you're proud of me after I let you die?!"

"What happened back then wasn't your fault." She answered, still calm despite my yelling. "I chose to protect you by sacrificing myself. It was my decision."

"How are you not mad at me?" I cried. "How can you be so nice to me after everything? I am a horrible person, that night I...I should've done something. It should've been me, It should've been me..."

"Victoria." Margaret firmly said. "I don't want to hear you talk like this. My death was a decision that I took knowing that one day you will be the saviour of Liones. You are a strong, independent and smart woman and I couldn't be prouder of what you became."

"You don't understand..." I told her. "Every time I close my eyes I see your lifeless body falling into the ground, I hear the noise of the sword stabbing you, I see your eyes, who used to be shinning with love, staring dully into mine."

"Victoria..."

"Every time I try to sleep, I'm back in the cave. I can see the bandits, the small prison we were caged in, I can hear myself promising to keep you safe and you putting your trust in me. And every night I live the moment when the sword pierced through your stomach again."

"Victoria," Margaret said, stepping in front of me and holding my head between her hands. they used to be so warm but now they were as cold as ice. "You have to stop being haunted by the past, it will do you no good. What happened in the cave, my death and the death of all the bandits, wasn't your fault. People who live in the past end up being drowned by a sea of regrets and sad thoughts. Stop living in the past and concentrate on the present. You have a country to save, your country, my country and I'm sure that you will win over evil if you trust yourself."

"I'm sorry for not saving you," I replied.

"Stop saying sorry. I hold no grudges against you for it and I want you to know that whatever happens, whatever you decide to do I will always support and love you."

"Why did you do it?" I asked. "Why did you sacrifice yourself for me?"

"Because that's what big sisters do." She told me, kissing my forehead before disappearing in dozens of lights who flew high in the sky.

I stood there for a couple of minutes before an explosion brought me back to reality. I quickly flew towards the noise and arrived in time to see Captain using Full-Counter on a Holy Knight.

"Victoria!" Diane called, waving happily at me.

"So you finally decided to show up kiddo," Ban said smirking but his teasing face quickly dropped when he saw me. "Why are you crying?"

"Am I?" I said, wiping the tears -that I didn't notice before-  from my eyes. "I guess I was. What happened here?"

"A Holy Knight attacked us but she just disappeared," Meliodas explained.

"The force of the blast most likely returned her to the living world." A girl told us, appearing next to Ban.  "You came here in your own flesh and blood but she was here in spirit alone."

"My ears are gone!" Hawks cried as his ears turned bright gold and started to dissipate.

"Hawks!" My sister yelled before looking at her arms who were in the same state as Hawks' ears. "It's happening to me too! What's going on? This feels gross!"