~ Chapter 15 ~

"Vivian," Merlin asked while torturing her disciple. "Where is Princess Elisabeth?"

"The King's room..." Vivian choked out. I'm not even sorry for you, witch.

"So it seems," Merlin told us. She snapped her fingers and we appeared before the King's room.

"Where are we?" Meliodas asked.

"In front of my father's room," I replied.

"I tried to transport us inside but I was repelled," Merlin explained. "It looks like the work of my incompetent pupil."

"Okay," Meli said, getting ready to force his way in. "Everyone stands back."

"Wait, Captain," I told him. "Even your power can't destroy this barrier. Perfect Cube. It's a technique from the spirit world that repels all powers. No matter how strong or weak the power is."

Gilthunder stepped up and tried to open the door with a hand fully charged with lightning bu the failed when the Perfect Cube rejected him.

"Go ahead Victoria," Merlin ordered. I stepped up too and easily opened the door.

"How did you erase the magic?" Meliodas asked.

"Absolute Cancel," Merlin answered for me. "I taught her how to do it when she was younger."

She patted my head while walking toward the King's bed. I walked behind her, unsure of what to do. I mean, I didn't see my father for ten years. Things were definitely awkward.

"Aren't you going to greet your old father, Victoria?" He asked me and I immediately ran in his arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Father," I replied before going back on Gilthunder's side.

We were all interrupted when Dreyfus stepped in the room. Gilthunder laced his fingers with mine and we stepped away from the Holy Knight.

"It's also been a while since we've seen each other, Dreyfus," Meliodas said.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Grand Holy Knight stammered.

"Hendrickson is dead," Gilthunder told him while squeezing my hand. "Without repenting for his life long sin..."

"Sin?" Dreyfus asked.

"I saw it," I explained. "On the morning of the kingdom's tenth anniversary... You conspired with Hendrickson to kill Zaratras. A scene I thought I would never see. I was too scared to do anything so I told Gil, but at the same time, Vivian happened to be present."

"She attached lookouts to each of us," Gilthunder continued. "and we were forced to keep the silence or she would hurt the other."

"I see," Merlin said. "At the time Vivian was very infatuated with Gilthunder."

"But Uncle Meli broke that curse for us," I smiled at Captain.

Dreyfus took a deep breath and dropped on his knees, letting his sword fall on the ground.

"I have lost," He told us, "As they said, I conspired with Hendrickson and killed the Great Holy Knight Zaratras. At first, I was jealous of my older brother. At some point, that jealousy turned into hatred.  I am sorry."

"But what does that have to do with what's going on now?" Meliodas asked.

"It's to start a Holy War," Dreyfus answered.

"Holy War?" Arthur questioned. "It's a phrase from an ancient Britannian poem." Merlin replied. "His majesty predicted that it would occur sometime soon."