Locked up together

summary: based on a tweet I saw that goes something like this:
Jeno: i can't believe we're locked in this room together
Jaemin [throwing the key out of the window]: truly unfortunate
; high school au

"You what?" Donghyuck exclaimed as he dramatically slammed his hands on the table, causing several heads to turn and look at him in the cafeteria.

"Yea I just need you to lock both Jeno and I together in the spare room," Jaemin explained.

"But how are you going to lure him into the room?" Donghyuck asked.

"Well, I have my own ways and I may or may not have known his schedule. Courtesy of Jisung which I paid a hefty 5 bucks just to know Jeno's schedule for the day," Jaemin said before glaring at Jisung, causing the blonde-haired male to shrug who continued to drink his chocolate milk.

"Then ask Jisung to lock the door," Donghyuck retorted.

"I would but it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get him to do it," Jaemin sighed. "I'm not paying him fifty bucks just for him to lock a damn door when I can instead use the money and like take Jeno out on a date or something."

"And what makes you think I will not charge you too?" Donghyuck scoffed. "I might even ask you to pay up with your entire life savings which probably isn't enough to pay for one week of my meals."

"Well, my sweet sugar-filled adorable best friend, would you kindly help me in carrying out my plan?" Jaemin asked in a honey-sweet voice which caused Jisung to spit out his milk in disgust.

"That's disgusting man," Jisung muttered.

"Well you coo over Chenle every single day but you don't see me complaining do you," Jaemin snapped. "Imagine being locked in a room with Jeno though, what could go wrong?" Jaemin continued as he took Jisung's worksheet to fan himself causing the younger to scowl at him.

"The worksheet was due one week ago why are you only doing it now?" Jaemin asked which caused Jisung's eyebrows to shoot up before he hurriedly snatched the paper from Jaemin.

After retrieving back his paper, Jisung glared at Jaemin before muttering out a "none of your fucking business" which caused Jaemin to nearly plummet Jisung into the table.

Donghyuck sighed before giving in. "Fine, Na Jaemin. If you get caught you better not drag me into this."

———

Jaemin sighed as he waited for Jeno outside the changing room. The older had just finished practice and was currently changing into more comfortable wear. Jaemin planned to use their upcoming Biology project as an excuse to invade the spare room to search for materials to build their model. Jaemin thanked which ever being that was above or below for giving him the luck of being paired with Jeno for the projects.

The key to the spare room jingled in his pocket as he fumbled around with his pants.

"Sorry for making you wait," Jeno apologised once he exited the changing room, eye smile on full display. Jaemin almost went down on his knees upon seeing the other's adorable smile. Call him dramatic but he was really that whipped.

"Let's go then," Jaemin said whilst he tried to calm his erratically beating heart.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Jeno asked as he saw the key in Jaemin's hand. "How do you even have the key in the first place?"

"I have my ways," Jaemin smiled.

Upon reaching their destination, Jaemin immediately inserted the key into the lock on the door. The door could only be locked from the outside. His hands trembled with excitement as he pushed open the door, revealing a musty room filled with recyclable materials. There was a window located in the farthest part of the room which Jaemin opened to allow ventilation. Glancing around to make sure that Jeno was not watching him, Jaemin quickly threw the key out of the window which fell into some bushes where Donghyuck was supposed to get the key from to lock the door.