1. I Am: Curious about the city we're in

It's been a while since Bang Chan saw those weird things in the sky.

He wasn't sure what on earth that was. If he were to be completely honest, he had absolutely no idea what that was, actually.

He hadn't even noticed them until he was partnered with this edgy guy - Seo Changbin - for a project, where they had to make some sort of mini helicopter with a camera on it. Changbin made him test the device, only for him to hear a crash.

Chan frowned. That thing wasn't supposed to crash. He was testing it in an empty field. There shouldn't be any obstacles.

He headed to where it fell. He sighed upon seeing the helicopter on the floor, broken, decided that Changbin would probably sulk for a day or two - until he saw a broken piece of some sort of glass lying next to the broken helicopter.

Where did this come from?

Chan looked up, and to his surprise he saw some kind of hole in the sky. He wasn't sure if it's a hole, because the sky looked the same, except for the outline that matched the broken piece of glass perfectly, so maybe the helicopter crashed into that position and broke the glass.

But why was there glass in the sky, anyways? The sky should be limitless.

Chan couldn't think of anyone whom he could ask about, except for Changbin, who seemed to know a lot more than he should

But all he got as answer was "this is not we should talk about".

~

So Chan headed to the library. He didn't have high expectations, really - teachers and career trainers always rejected his questions about topics outside his field of study, so he doubted the library would have any "unnecessary" books (the adults' words, not his).

"What do you want to look for?"

A boy's voice startled him. Chan looked at the boy - slightly taller than him, and looked a bit intimidating. The boy was typing something on his laptop, and Chan at least had the decency not to budge into other's business.

"Uh," Chan thought about how to reply, "Weird things in the sky."

"What?" The boy cocked his eyebrow. Not that Chan blamed him, because he knew nothing either.

"Look, I don't know what's that either, that's why I want to find if there's anything that I can look into."

"Hmm." The boy hummed, "How old are you?"

"Huh? Uh, eighteen."

"Then you are probably finding something the government doesn't want you to know."

"So...you aren't helping me?" Chan asked.

"Do I look I care about those losers?" The boy closed his laptop. "Of course I am helping you. Come with me. My name's Woojin, by the way. Kim Woojin."

"Mine's Bang Chan. So you are those...'traitors' they refer to?"

"Huh. It's their fault that so many people want to rebel against them." Woojin snorted and opened a door. "Inside are all I managed to find about the outside world."

"Outside...world? There's another world outside?"

"More accurately, we are just a tiny city in the world, but we're trapped inside this capsule-sort if thing."

"So that's why there's broken glass?" Chan asked. Woojin looked at him, wide-eyed.

"What glass?"

"Uh," Chan laughed nervously, "I accidentally crashed while testing my friend's model helicopter and a piece of glass broke from the sky. Just a wild guess."

"No, you're probably right about the glass. Does your friend know about that?"

"Well...I think he does. He told me that this ain't something we should talk about. He probably also knows more than he should."

"Bring me to your friend. No, actually, bring your friend here. We can talk then."