12. I Am: Hwang Hyunjin

"You're early," Hyunjin arrived at the vehicle dissembling centre only to find Minho already there.

"You're not so late yourself," Minho replied. "Feel free to sit - there's time."

"I am fine with that." Hyunjin declined, and noticed that Felix was nowhere to be found. "Where's your brother?"

"Lix? He's in the washroom. Need him?"

"No, just wondering. You two seem inseparable so..."

"Figured," Minho hummed, "Hey, do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Depends," Hyunjin looked at him confusedly. "What do you want to ask?"

"Like, why you always seem so anxious."

"Oh, that." Hyunjin sighed. "Because I am nervous as hell. I mean, you all have existential crisis of some sorts, but me? I have a fairly nice family with loving parents. Though I would like to stay with my friends, I still care about their feelings. What will they think if I leave suddenly?"

Minho hummed. "Can't help you with that. My mum kicked me out. Anymore?"

"Then there's my training. I am training as a soldier of all things. Can't say I enjoy it a lot, but I don't hate it either. Plus, we are leaving because we are rebelling, right?"

"Can be counted as this, yeah."

"Yeah. I mean, I am raised to protect the government, but now I am going against them. I am so conflicted."

Minho hummed again. "I see. So you're conflicting between your own desires and your responsibilities."

"Pretty much."

"I guess so." Minho looked at him with eyes telling Hyunjin not to lie to anyone including himself, "Tell me. Do you want to follow your own wishes or be treated as a robot?"

"I guess I...want to live my own life."

"Cool." Minho smiled, and Hyunjin believed that this was the first time he'd ever seen Minho with a genuine smile, not the evil or scheming smirk he usually wore. "At least you admit it. I can assure you that you can be yourself once we get out of here."

"Really?"

"Hundred percent."

A/N: Double updates and we're approaching the last chapter of I Am NOT!