7. I Am: Seo Changbin

"Before your friend and his brother arrive, can you tell us more about him?" Woojin asked Changbin. "Or, you can tell us about yourself. We barely know you either."

"Yeah," Chan responded quitely - he's still stunned from the information he just got, "I didn't know much about you either. You are so quiet in school."

"Since I am a good friend who protect others' privacy, I'm going for the latter," Changbin said. "So. Where do I start?"

"Just you like," Woojin said, "Hmm. Maybe how did you end up as a runaway?"

"Alright then," Changbin took a deep breath, "It's a long story."

~Changbin monologue~

I was raised normally as a normal child, with perfectly normal parents. They took good care of me, and they always responded to my requests. Honestly, nothing would have happened if not for my parents' jobs - my dad is a pilot, and my mum is an attorney.

Well - their job was not the problem either.

The problem is, dad took the task as a mentor to train teenagers as a pilot. Then - the pilot crashed one day. My dad wasn't even his mentor by that time, but the fucking authorities believed that it was his fault that the pilot wasn't "well-trained". He was executed along with the poor pilot.

My mum, of course, was furious. She wasn't supposed to, really, but she was. She tried to reason with the authorities, yet she's not in the court, and we don't have any system to charge the authorities. She got jailed. I was 14 by that time, so to be honest I am okay to live independently, but I am totally not okay with my parents being punished unreasonably.

I suppose I shouldn't feel angry with that, because none of my relatives seemed to care. So I put on an act as well.

Luckily that I chose computer and engineering as my career, I managed to hack into deeper parts of our society's systems and found out some of the ugly truth - how our city is actually unfair as fuck. How numerous of people are unjustly punished. How they tried to manipulate us. Now I just want to leave this hellhole.

~

"Changbin, you are so awesome," Minho said.

"When did you arrive?" Changbin asked, the newcomer just pulled a Cheshire grin.

"Not important. So maybe I should introduce myself? I am Lee Minho, and this cute boy," He pulled a shorter boy in, "is Felix. My brother."