10. I Am: Han Jisung

"Why isn't he replying?" Jisung mumbled. 

Not living far away from the borders, Jisung also heard the crash, so he decided to message the Lee brothers to see if they're fine. But he didn't get any response.

"Ugh," He groaned, taking out his holograph. 

Jisung was an observer under training. An observer was a person who check out on the city, to see if there're any injuries, crimes, accidents, etc, and they had full access to the city's scanners and monitors all the time.

It's not his shift, but he guessed he could get his job done by checking on the scale of the crash.

That reminded him of how weird his trainers were. There's one time when he was checking on an alley, when his instructor told him to zoom in a person.

Jisung did what he was told, yet couldn't pin-point what he had done wrongly.

"Zoom in the book," His instructor said.

And so he did.

"That book was forbidden," The man said, "How did he even got that?"

"Sir," Jisung asked, "How do I know if it' forbidden?"

"You can tell from its title," He said, "Only instruction books and manuals are allowed. You still have to send the image to the careers department to see if they are reading what they need to know."

"Okay, sir," Jisung nodded. But he didn't quite understand. Yes, he was told that he should only focus on his own job, but Felix often managed to stuff some books called "fiction" to him, and Jisung found them interesting. It wouldn't hurt to read some, right?

Although Jisung was dumb (according to Minho), he was smart enough to know he shouldn't ask.

Shaking the memory out of his head, he looked at the holograph, and relieved to see that the crash was very small, so no damage was done to apartments.

Except...the glass capsule seemed to be broken.

Wait.

Glass capsule?

Jisung frowned. He had never heard of that before. Maybe he should tell his instructor? But then, it's not his shift, and he didn't know if it's okay to tell.

Fuck it, he decided, and tapped on his watch.

"Jisung?" Instructor groaned, "What did I say about calling me after training sessions?"

"Sorry, sir..." Jisung said, "Uh, I heard a crash near the borders so I checked..."

"And then? Any injuries?"

"I don't think so..." Jisung bit his lips, "But a piece of glass broke from the sky."

"WHAT?" The instructor stood up suddenly, startling poor Jisung, "MY GOD. I AM CALLING THE CONSTRUCTION TEAM - "

Jisung ended the call. He could apologize to him the next day - he didn't want to become deaf.

His watch signaled him that someone called, and surprisingly he saw Minho.

"My god, you scared me."

"I thought Lix and I are the only ones who hated phone calls?" Minho cocked his eyebrow.

"Well, yeah, I just shut off a call right in front of my trainer's face, so I thought he'd yell at me." Jisung confessed, "And yeah, you never responded to my messages. I thought you died in the crash or something."

"Oh, so you heard that. Perfect. Come to the library."

"Huh?"

"Just do what I say."

"Okay?" Jisung questioned his friend's sanity for the  unteempth time. He really liked his friend (but he liked Felix more), but there were numerous of times that he thought their past might have broke something inside Minho's brain.

Though he wasn't completely ignorant either.

He knew how others treated Felix like shit, and that's not only their classmates and fellow trainees either - adults too. He noticed how adults, including his parents, seemed to lack empathy. He also wondered quite oftenly why the hell they were not allowed to leave the place. Those pilots - they were only trained to fly within the city. He found it stupid, honestly.

Perhaps Felix and Minho also knew these, Jisung suspected.

Little did he know they were much more than that.