8. I Am: Lee Felix

"Hyung," 7-year-old Felix asked, "Why we didn't have the same surname as Sungie?"

"Oh," Minho blinked, "Took you long enough to notice. Long story short, we are adopted."

"Can I have the long story?"

"I am not entirely sure what exactly happened either," Minho replied, "All I can tell you is that dad cheated on my mum with your mum. Then they never came back and my mun adopted you. But she still wanted you away after a few years, and since I refused to leave you behind, she chased me away as well. I knocked on every door until Jisung's family accepted us."

"So we are only...half-brothers? We were...thrown away?" 

"Yeah, but I - wait shit. Lix? Are you crying?"

Felix couldn't feel his breathing, until Minho's warm arms wrapped gently around him and he saw Mr. (Dr.) Han's concerned eyes.

"Minho told you?" He asked. Minho answered dryly, "He deserved to know. We couldn't hide this from him forever, and this past will be following us for our life."

"He's still young - "

"It doesn't matter. He is bound to know about this." Minho retorted. His voice was a little shaky but very firm. Mr. Han sighed.

"You're right. I am sorry. He's your only blood-related family. You know what's the best for him."

"Oh, it's the dumb mute again!" The strong brunette laughed, and his friends all laugh. Felix whined silently when the bully snatched his book.

The main reason they called him mute. Felix seldom speak to the others, knowing that his efforts and futile. And of course m, he never fight back when he got teased.

"Pretending you're so hardworking? C'mon! We all know you're a filthy kid! Just like your prostitute mum!" He laughed again, and Felix hissed at his loud volume.

"Can you give it back to me? Please?"

"Hmm. If you beg on your knees and bow for 10 minutes, I would consider -"

"Fuck. Off. From. My. Brother." Minho growled.

"Ah - Minho!" The brunette dropped the book immediately, "How do you do? I was just -"

"Give up," Minho snickered, "I saw what you did. Trying to act all nice in front of me after shitting on my brother? You're dead to me. You losers are no different from the adults."

"Why are you so protective over him anyways? His mum made your dad betrayed your mum-"

"So what? Why do you know so much anyways? It's none of your fucking business. Lix is the sweetest person I've known and I love him as a reponsible brother," Minho snatched his underling and punched him hard on his face, "Next time I see you, you will be the one bleeding because of my fist. Get the fuck away."

"Hyung..." Felix sobbed, "Why does everyone hate me so much?"

"They are just envious of how you are sweet and you have a protective brother," Minho smiled, ruffled his hair and kissed him on his forehead, "Plus, your brother is as sweet as you. Always stay with me when possible, okay? I'm not gonna let anyway lay a finger on you."

~

Felix wanted to trust these new people, but he can only recognize Changbin (who is often frowning, somehow). So he remained behind Minho.

"Lix, it's fine," Minho whispered gently, "I'm right here."

"Hyung," Felix mumbled, "I'm nervous."

"Don't worry, hyung will back you up if anything happens." Minho smiled - just like how he did it when he got bullied for the first time, and it gave Felix so much comfort. He nodded, and walked a bit upfront.

"Uh, hi, I'm Felix."

"Hello, Felix," a silver-bluish haired, pale-skinned boy smiled warmly, "I'm Bang Chan."

"So you're Woojin?" Minho asked the tallest boy in sight. He nodded, "Yes. I did say we discuss it once you're here, but I just called a few more people because it's my cousin's birthday and I promised him that I will explain this to him and his friends. Do you mind it?"

"Well, if I were to be completely honest I do mind a bit, because I am a little concerned about how they will react." Minho replied.

"We never know," Changbin replied, "But I guess we have no choice but to trust our luck."