-2-

I walked over to my moms car, opened the door and slouched in the front seat. I was trying to avoid eye contact with her seeing how I did something to myself that was a little bit... crazy.

When my mom sat herself behind the wheel it took her a solid thirty seconds to notice what I did. "(Y/n), your hair! It's- Its (y/d/h/c)!" I awkwardly laughed in response. "I mean it looks great! But this is so out of blue." I rolled my eyes and put my headphones on, seeing how my plans to annoy her failed.

Don't get me wrong I love my mom but I've been feeling the urge to start random arguments with her over stupid crap. Maybe it's cause I'm getting older and my teenage hormones are going fucking crazy or something.

I placed a custom made cassette in my walkman and ignored her talking about how she too had crazy hair colors when she was in her band. That's right the sweet innocent little flight attendant was a hardcore fucking rocker who played the bass. That's kinda how my style and taste of music developed, so that's cool I guess.

The car ride was long and boring, literally the only thing keeping me at peace was my hella rad mixtape. When we arrived I practically jumped out the car, however I wasn't expecting to feel the crunch of snow under my feet.

"Why is it so cold?" I was shivering seeing how my outfit of choice was a cropped black tank top, cuffed jeans, a thin olive green flannel and a pair of dirty written on black converse.

*the picture at the top cause i suck with descriptions if you don't like it change it*

"I told you to bring a jacket." My mother said matter o factly while pulling out a small box from the trunk. Before I could talk back she added on "Can you start taking boxes out and wait for the movers? I have to go get your father."

I rolled my eyes, moved my headphones to my neck and scoffed. I obliged though because I'm a gooood kid. Hah just kidding it's cause I'm not a complete asshole and I actually listen to my parents... on certain conditions.

I started to move my stuff from the trunk onto the hood of the car for easy pick up. By the time the moving truck arrived everything was out of the trunk. I signed the clipboard for them to start moving, however I didn't know where to direct them so, all of us just stood around awkwardly.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting my mother had finally returned. Yet, my dad was nowhere to be seen. I walked over to where she stood, ordering the men to go to the correct apartment.

"Hey, where's dad?" I questioned, fiddling with the button on my flannel. "He's just grabbing something for you." Her reply was short and quick seeing how she was dealing with other important things.

Suddenly I heard a voice calling out my name. "(Y/n)! Hey over here!" I turned around to see a man in his late forties running toward me. He was wearing your typical old dude attire, a collared shirt and khaki pants with a big puffy jacket on top. This man was my dad... how embarrassing.

"Hey dad." I awkwardly smiled and he engulfed me in a hug. It was strong tight bear hug that granted no escape. He eventually let me go and put a hand on my shoulders, admiring how big I got.

"My my if it isn't my little girl all grown up. You look so..." He paused to think of a word. "Different? Definitely not how I remember you." I fake laughed and retorted, "Well it's not like I can wear pink princess dresses forever."

"You're right, you're right. Everyone has to grow up and with that styles change. You know, you look just like your mother when she was younger." A heartwarming smiled was plastered on his face. "Oh! I got you something." He handed me a small, long, blue box with a pink bow on top.

Opening it revealed a small little flower hair clip.  My eyes widened in disgust seeing how I didn't really wear shit like that anymore. Maybe to an event or on a date, but let's be honest, when am I ever gonna get invited to one of those.

"Thanks so much...You really didn't have to do this." I seethed sarcastically. My dad just laughed and noogied my head, my sarcasm didn't go through to him.

"Me and your mom are gonna finish up down here. Why don't you explore the apartment?"

Boring.

"You know if you really are like your mother I think you'd be happy to know a murder took place in the building."

Interesting.

"People say it's haunted by ghosts and demons. So, you could always do a little hunting. In fact two boys in the complex do it a lot, maybe you could join them?" Instead of responding a mischievous smile appeared on my face.

"I don't remember the floor one of them lives on and I'm pretty sure the other is in the basement. You need a keycard though." He added on. "Psh it's fine. I do my ghost hunting alone anyway and I plan on keeping it like that."

"Oh alright, as long as you have fun." Disregarding what he said, I moseyed over to my mother and said my goodbyes. Now I'm not much of a hugger but I gave her a big one because I didn't know how long it would be before I had another.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes, "Promise me you will try to make friends?" I shrugged and replied, "No guarantees." She raised an eyebrow causing me to alter my previous statement. "Fine, I'll try."

We finished our conversation with one last hug  causing me to walk away. I knew if I stayed any longer I'd start getting emotional and I'd rather not have a waterfall of tears ruin my makeup. I made my way to the doors but found myself looking back to see my mom one last time.

*i highkey head cannon sal's voice as ethan from my baby sitters a vampire and like that's the tea uwu*
*also im posting this after i got off a plane and that's pretty epic ig*