-6-

I woke up, blinded by the sunlight coming in. I thought to myself, should I get ready for school? Yeah, probably. I threw on a cropped multicolored long sleeved shirt. I paired it with mom jeans and looped a belt around my waist. The cherry on top were these super cute black platform boots.

I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up, ya know like you do. Satisfied with how I looked I headed for the living room, not forgetting to grab my walkman. It was filled with 90s pop and boy bands, but let's not tell anyone about that... hehe.

My father looked almost surprised to see me awake and dressed, he was at the stove cooking eggs. "Howdy daddy-o you ready to drive me to school?" He laughed and flipped the egg, "But your meeting isn't for another two hours?" I stared in confusion. What did he mean?

"The meeting to get you enrolled in school. The one at 9:30? Don't tell me you forgot!" He gasped. I smiled sweetly. But in reality I wanted to fucking shoot myself. I woke up early for nothing??!?? "Oh sorry I forgot about that. I already thought I was ya know in the program."

My dad placed the eggs on a plate and where I would sit at the table. "Come sit and eat, you can watch tv while you wait to go to school."

I did as my father said and scarfed my food up like I hadn't eaten in years. When I was done I jumped on to the couch and turned on the tv. I scrolled through the channels hoping to find something decent to watch, luckily Daria was on so that was pretty chill.

Eventually it was time to go so my dad grabbed his car keys and we headed for the door. When we got into the car I placed my headphones on- or well attempted to seeing how my dad stopped my hand. "What's up?" I asked, a bit confused. "Well it's just been a while and I thought that we could talk and catch up a bit ya know?"

I rolled my eyes and buckled my seatbelt, cause safety first. "There's not much to talk about-"

My dad interrupted me, "Oh hush I bet there's plenty. For example, you could tell me about crazy hair choice?"

I cringed internally seeing didn't really wanna talk about myself. "I was bored." My response was short and showed I was uninterested, maybe this could get my dad to stop talking.

"When most kids are bored they watch tv or go hang out with friends-"

"Well I'm not a kid." I snapped at him. "Oh jeez y/n not need to get defensive I'm just trying to reconnect is all. Here why don't I tell you somethings about me, huh?" I nodded seeing how it would change the topic from me to some khakis with puns. "Well, I have a job as a night shift security guard at the local aquarium. It's really peaceful and calm, just me and the fishes."

He kept talking and talking about how no one really ever went to aquariums anymore, which didn't concern me because I didn't care. "Wow that's so interesting..." I said staring out the window, bored out of my mind.

I closed my eyes and prayed that we would get there soon so I wouldn't have to keep small talk with my father.

"We're here!"

Thank god.

I practically jumped out of the car, so I could get this over with. The school looked pretty big and I worried I wouldn't be able to remember where everything was. My dad gave me a look that said "Ready?" I nodded and we walked inside.

*hey!! ive been contemplating posting this cause it's a boring chapter but i decided to because it helps transition the story!*