-3-

The second I stepped through the front doors, I felt an energy shift. It was like I had eyes on me even though no one was in the lobby. I headed for the hallway right in front of me to scope everything out.

The overall place was creepy and fucking gross. The walls were a dingy brown and had a horizontal pattern. The doors were a vomit green and honestly made the halls smell like it too.

I noticed an apartment with a little mail slot  reading "Addison" my curiosity got the best of me so I knocked on the door. I wondered who could have been so important that they had their own "plaque". It flipped open revealing a pair of dark brown eyes. "Hello there miss!" A cheery voice spoke.

"Uh... hi?", I said wondering why he didn't just open the door. "You must be (y/n), Greg's daughter. It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" Ok a random weirdo knows who I am thanks to my dad for talking about me. This is awkward.

"Oh how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself. I'm Terrence Addison and I own these apartments." I just stared at him blankly trying to think of a response. "So like, why are you behind the door? You hideously disfigured or some shit?" He forced a laugh and replied, "No no I'm just keen on my privacy."

"Oh, okay." I started, "Well it was nice to meet you I guess..." Before he could reply I turned around, faced the elevator and walked away. I pressed a button and the doors opened revealing a bleak dimly lit elevator shaft.

I stepped in and pressed a random floor. A ding was heard, signaling I arrived. Before I left, I pressed all the floors just to annoy the crap out of some poor sucker. As I exited I saw two boys, one with long brown hair and another with blue pigtails, walking in.

When I was a quarter through the hall I could hear shouts of frustration. Sucks to be them. I noticed a woman mopping the floors and let me say I don't think I've seen anyone that happy doing work.

"Hey there lady." I said flatly, trying not to seem interested as to why she was so happy. "Oh hello there sweetie! How can I help you?" She said in a cheery tone. "Uh, whats with that chuckie smile you got going on? It's scaring the kids." I motioned to my side, where no one was standing.

"Ohoho you're a real hoot, you're Greg's girl yeah?" I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "What's it to ya?" The janitor woman seemed kind of hurt, but hey it got her to stop smiling. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. He's just been talking about you a lot." She leaned her mop against the wall and held out her hand.

"Let's start over, I'm Lisa." She introduced. Now I may be the type to make people feel awful about themselves with just a look, but Lisa was too pure so I let my guard down. "Hey Lisa... I'm (y/n)." I grinned a bit.

"She has teeth!" Lisa laughed and her smile lines were prominent. "Alright sweetie I should get back to work but, if you need anything don't be afraid to ask." I simply nodded and started for the elevator again.

"Oh (y/n) I have a son around your age, his name is Larry. I think you two would get along swimmingly. He also has a couple of friends in the complex he could introduce you too!" She handed me a key card and proceeded to explain its purpose.

"We live down in the basement and you need one of these bad boys to get there." I examined the card and the glare it gave off. "Thanks Lisa." I replied. Man, she sure was a ball of light, but her eyes seemed like they longed for something, someone.

*happy holidays!!*