14

I felt my head spin, the sent of medical supplies filled my lungs. I looked around the room, noticing some potted plants and flowers near me, "Eh?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "Where am I?" 

I looked around the room, it seemed to be a hospital room. I thought back to my last memory which was riding through the wall with Levi..I thought it was all a dream. I guess not. 

I heard the door creek open. "I don't understand checking up on her, she's just gonna be passed o-" The doctor's voice cut off when he saw me sitting up in my bed, looking at some (your favorite flower). 

"Oh my..." He spoke, I tilted my head in a confused way. "Huh?" 

"SHE'S AWAKE!" He screamed, the door bursted open and Levi stormed in. He looked at me and instantly I felt myself in a tight, warm embrace. The familiar scent of cleaning supplies filled my lungs, my eyes widened. "Levi..." 

"You brat." He spoke back, holding me tighter. "W-Wha?" I spoke, a bight pink rose up in my cheeks as he pulled away. "You almost died last expedition." 

I nodded, recalling the event. I remembered the fall onto those rocks like it was yesterday...was it? I looked at Levi, noticing he was not in his Survey Corps uniform, but rather a black suit with a plain white button up top. He looked...really good. I shook my head, "How long was I out?" 

"3 weeks. That asshole of a doctor was going to cut off your life supply and let you die if I hadn't bribed him..." He pointed at the doctor, he was bunched up in the corner. I frowned...3 weeks...

"W-Well he's been going crazy...He's been visiting here twice a day for the past 3 weeks to see if you were awake...And also one of your organs got hurt from the impact...we weren't sure if it was curable." The doctor spoke. 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Levi yelled, a slight tint of pink brushed his cheeks. 

"I'll fill you in on what has happened later, for now I'm going to check you out." He spoke, I felt my face burn a bright red. Levi looked back at me, a red hue appearing on his face. "Damn it (Y/n), not like that! Out of the fucking hospital!" 

"Sir, with all do respect she needs to rest at the hospital for a couple of days." The doctor said from the corner, Levi turned his head. "You kept her alive, that was your job. I'm more than capable of taking care of her, more than you will ever be seeing as how you've been treating her." 

The doctor didn't say anything, I picked myself up, wobbling with my first steps. Levi put his arm around me to help with support and I held onto his waist. He walked me out and than we began go to the horse. "Where's everyone else?" I asked. Levi sighed, "I'll tell you more when we get out of the damn city, too many people." 

A bunch of people began to whisper about Levi, as he was walking with his arm around me. This made many of them jump to conclusions like 'Humanity's strongest solider found a girl.' or 'it's surprising he found as pretty as her'. 

"Ignore them." Levi whispered to me. 

We walked to the horse, Levi got up on the horse and held out a hand to me to help me up. I blushed as me pulled me up and sat me in front of him. I could feel his body pressed against my back...yeah he was defiantly more ripped than when we lived underground. We began to ride off to headquarters. 

-----------------------

"So what's going on ?" I asked him as I walked into his office. 

"A girl named Annie was the female titan, Reiner is the armored and Bertholdt is the Colossal. Currently Erwin and the scouts are on a mission to retrieve Eren back from Reiner and Bertholdt, as they took him by surprise." 

"Shit..." I spoke, Levi nodded. 

"Why aren't you out there helping them? They need you out there." I asked. 

"Tch...Mikasa ran out to try and save Eren when he was battling the female titan in Wall Sina. I had to stop her and in the process, I injured my left leg." 

I nodded, looking around the room. My head began to spin and my saliva almost tasted...metallic. I covered my mouth and quickly ran to Levi's garbage bin, coughing up more of the metallic content. 

"Oi! What the hell (Y/n)!" Levi yelled, he walked over toward me. He pulled my head back by my hair to make me look in his eyes. "Think it's okay to just cough in people's waste bins?!" 

"I'm sorry..." My voice rumbled, Levi's cold eyes filled with worry as he looked at my lips. "You coughed up blood?" He took off his signature cravat and began to wipe off the blood around my lips. "This one is your favorite though..." I spoke softly. 

"Tch...Interesting that you still remember that. I don't want blood all over my office...one of your organs must be damaged like how that asshole said."

------------

I laid on the loveseat in Levi's office as he began to work on his paperwork. "Levi?..." I asked. 

"What is it?" He spoke coldly, his pen swiftly guiding across the sheet of paper. 

"Who brought me all the flowers?" I heard his pin stop but then it kept moving. "Not sure." 

"It was you, wasn't it?" I chuckled, coughing up more blood onto the cravat. Levi tensed up, "Why would you think that? It was probably Hanji or Arlert." 

"You're the only person who knows my favorite flowers." 

"...Fine, it was me." 

My heart skipped a beat, I felt a smile creep up onto my face. "Thank you, I really appreciate it." 

He didn't respond, he just kept working on his paper work. "You also visited me a lot, why was that?" I wanted to get more information on why he was acting out of character, could he possibly feel the same way? 

"Just taking care of a comrade, just like any other." 

I tensed up slightly, my heart sank. "I see..." I sat up, looking over at him. "So first I'm your stranger, then a friend, fiancee, disgrace, and now comrade?" I chuckled, "I knew that you didn't care for me in that way...I knew that you lost feelings for me long ago." 

I coughed more into the cravat. "And even when could've died...all I was is a comrade." I stood up, my (e/c) eyes mixing with his stern dark blue ones. "I guess hope is a negative emotion to hold in this world...for anything really." 

"(Y/n)." Levi spoke sternly. It seemed like he was trying to get me to stop talking, but I didn't. 

I laughed, taking off my necklace. "The only reason why I survived in the underground without you was because I had hope to see you again...I thought that you would still love me...want to be with me." I walked over to his desk and placed down the necklace. "Now I know that was naive of me to do." 

Levi looked up at me like he wanted to say something. I smiled though, remembering how much he hated these types of conversations. 

"I'm sorry, forgive me for my outburst. I won't associate myself with you unless necessary...I want you to have a good life, or whatever a good life means in this hell world. I now know it's the appropriate time to forget about us. I'm sorry for holding on so much, Levi."

I turned on my heel and began to walk to the door. "(Y/n), you shouldn't go out with your current state." Levi spoke, his voice seemed kind of shaky and unsure. 

I looked at him one last time and smiled, keeping the tears from escaping from my eyes. "I'm the one leaving this time...Not you." And with that I walked out the door and began running...well running for an injured person was more like speed walking but that's besides the point. 

I now know...that Levi will never love me again.