Chapter 8 : The Run of the Past

Bagheera P.O.V.

~Few Years Prior~

  Her laugh, her giggle, her emotions, the way she talks, everything about this she-wolf is beautiful. Fierce like the red flower when you mess with her. Gentle like the krachao. She has beauty, like the frangipani.

She raced the other wolves for one last time. The breeze made her fur move gracefully. The sun made her white fur glow. She looked at me then winked. I immediately blushed.

She giggled as she ran what seemed to be a perfect run, "Bagheera, you're blushing! Come on! Give me a real challenge any he-wolf can take."

I ran faster. I soon cornered her into a dead tree and pranced on her.

"I was going easy on you," she said.

"Easy? I'm more than sure you were trying your hardest," I responded. The other wolves passed us.

"Didn't you say never to head to an old tree?" she replied.

"I did," I said simply, "but you said you wanted a challenge."

"Oh please, I would try to get you off me but then I would have to hurt you," she sighed. "Can you please get yourself off me?"

We soon returned to the others.

  All the wolves recited the Law of the Jungle.

  "I wish I were born a he-wolf. Father would let me do things more often with the pack," she sighed quietly enough for me to hear her.

  "At least you're doing things with me," I responded.

  "I guess you're right but then he wouldn't let me even if I were a he-wolf. I was the only pup born. Mother said that my Father wouldn't believe it, the week before my mother was due to give birth. She said from the beginning she would give birth to one pup and never a litter till now. I don't know if my Father wants me to be the next alpha in line," Shadow said as she walked underneath the tree's shadow as I climbed the tree.

  "You have more than enough charm I know he'll let you be the next alpha in line," I smiled.

  "I hope," she said as she sat down. 

  "Shadow," Akela called, "why don't we take a run? Just as father and daughter bonding."

  "See you later Bagheera," Shadow said and went of to her father.

     Shadow's P.O.V.

  I was back in the jungle's forest.

  "The Rock, " Father began, "my grandfather's ancestors had way long before him. It's a myth that all wolves started here. It is precious to us. It is precious to me because that's where you were born. Even when it almost seems like I don't care about you I do. I care about you. It's not because of anything except you. You are my daughter I should recognize you more and take more pride in being your father. I want you to be the next leader after we pass away. Do you understand? I'm going to start giving you lessons and you are to memorize and pass them on to your pups."

  "I understand. Father?"

  "Yes?" 

  "Is it against the law to mate with another species?"

  "No, why?"

  "Just curious."

  "Indeed you are Shadow. You've been a curious wolf. Stay like that. It'll come in handy. It is better to live with questions than with answers."

~To Be Continued~