3 - In the Morning

When I woke on Saturday morning, she was still asleep. Her arms were wrapped around me. I could feel her lips on my neck. Her breath tickled my skin. Intimacy is nice and all, but it was all a little much for someone I'd just met.

Trying not to wake her, I extricated myself from her arms and got out of bed. It was barely 10am but my phone was already buzzing from the group chat. I yawned, rubbed some of the sleep from my eyes, and unlocked my phone.

It was the girls' group chat of course. 'The Dreamcatchers.' Corny, I know, but we liked it. From the conversation that was lighting up the chat, it looked like Yoohyeon had lost her jacket last night. While her jacket was important, I still had to interject. There was the question of the strange girl lying in my bed – a thought I had never expected to think, but new things happen every day, don't they?

I looked over my shoulder at Siyeon. She was a lot calmer asleep. Her face was still pale, but she was breathing normally, and it looked like the bandages had been enough to curb the bleeding. I don't know why, but something about her seemed...dangerous. Like she was a wild animal sleeping. I shook my head, clearing my head of those thoughts. She was just a girl who was in trouble, and I had decided to help her.

I messaged the group chat.

Bora: Sorry to interrupt guys but I have a strange woman in my bed from last night!

Gahyeon: :O

Minji: Wooooooaaahhhh!!

Bora: No, no, it's not like that! I found her bleeding in an alleyway and refused to be taken to the hospital for some reason, so I took her home and gave her some first-aid. She has no family or friends, so what do you guys think I should do?

Yoobin: That sounds suspicious.

Bora: I don't plan on adopting her, don't worry. I'm just not sure what I should do next. Kicking her out straight away doesn't seem like the right move to me. Is anyone free to meet up so we can talk about it?

Gahyeon: I am! I can help 😊

Bora: Haha, thank you, Gahyeon 😊

Yoobin: I am too.

Minji: Sorry, I'm about to go to the gym. Tell me what you guys decide though! 😊

Yoohyeon: I'll come too – but then you're all helping me find my jacket!

Bora: Handong? What about you?

Yoohyeon: I think she's still asleep XD

Bora: Just us then!

Minji: I'm surprised Gahyeon isn't sleeping

Gahyeon: Oh I haven't slept since last night!

Minji: But you should XD

Gahyeon: Don't tell me what to do >:(

Minji: Go to sleep, young lady!

Bora: LIVE YOUR DREAMS MY CHILD

Minji: Bora, you are NOT helping XD

Bora: Not trying to help 😉

Gahyeon: :DDDDD

By this point, Siyeon was beginning to stir, and I remembered what a mess my apartment was.

For a moment I looked around frantically, before deciding to run back and forth to grab my clothes and throw them all into a corner.

Siyeon yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, then propped herself up on one elbow. She eyed me with an air of faint amusement as I attempted to make things more presentable.

"Expecting a visitor?" she said.

"I already have a visitor," I replied. "She's lying in my bed."

Siyeon gracefully slid out bed and took a step towards me. I couldn't help but notice her torso was covered in nothing but bandages and her bra. She smirked. "Are you trying to impress me?"

I froze where I was, clothes still in hand. My heartbeat quickened. "What? No. Of course not."

Siyeon prowled towards me. "Of course not." Then she slid an arm around my waist. "With beauty like yours you don't need to try," she purred.

My hairs stood on end and I shivered at her touch. She was so close. My body was pressed up against her. I could smell a faint scent. It was sharp and pretty, just like her. And her eyes...they were simply brown. But there was something jagged in them, with edges covered in blood. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was scared or aroused, but it was all a bit much from someone I'd just met.

She was moving to kiss my neck when I gently extricated myself from her. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

Her face was once again blank, but I could sense her disappointment.

"I've only just met you. Maybe we can hang out a bit more and get to know each other."

Siyeon laughed. It was keen and clear. "So much effort. I hope you taste as good as you look."

I blushed hard. I honestly didn't know what to say to that, so I simply said, "Thanks."

A silence fell as I finished organising my clothes. Siyeon sat on the bed and watched me the entire time. She didn't fiddle, she didn't groan or complain or anything. Just watched. I know you're probably thinking she leered at me creepily, but it didn't feel like that. Her gaze was curious, like she had never seen a person fold clothes before.

I broke the silence first. "I'm going to meet up with my friends now. Do you have a place to stay? Anyone to stay with?"

"No to both," she said.

"Then you can stay here while I'm gone. Please don't make a mess, you literally just saw me clean it up a bit."

"I'm coming with you."

How would I tell her that I'm meeting my friends to talk about her? "Next time. A friend has a problem that needs sorting."

"All the more reason why I should come. I'm great at solving problems."

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm sorry, but you can't. You have to stay here."

I was expecting her face to go blank again, but this time she was visibly sad. What was I supposed to do with her? I couldn't just toss her out. But she also had no-where else to go. She had no one. Except me.

I sighed. "Alright, you can come."

And Siyeon gave me the first honest smile I'd seen from her. It warmed my heart. After all that flirting she looked so innocent smiling brightly like that. I don't know what to say. It was cute.

I threw a top at her. "Put this on." I grabbed my own outfit for the day and went to the bathroom to change.