Part 3: Daydreaming and Cooking Just Dont Mix

I awoke with a start. I gasped softly as my eyes jutted open. The ceiling was a soft off white, and as I glanced around I found myself to be in a taupe coloured room with plush navy carpets and green furniture. I was laying in a bedroom with white sheets and a beautiful wood canopy with sheer navy sheets hanging from it.
I was in one of the castles spare bedrooms.

"wha.." my voice was weaker than I thought. And my head was pounding. I began to sit up to really take in my surroundings.

" Don't even think about it." I felt a firm but gentle hand place itself on my shoulder and gently push me back to laying down. I looked up to see familiar purple locks and bright golden eyes.

"Luka..?" I questioned softly before wincing and bringing my hand to my head.
"My head..ahh.." I inhaled sharply, noticing my right hand was bandaged.
The entirety of my cut finger was wrapped tightly in medical gauze.

"Don't sit up too fast. You knocked your head pretty hard Alice." Luka sighed, his eyes watching the young girl in worry and in frustration in himself. If only he had been a second faster, he could have caught Kelly before she knocked her head on the tiled kitchen floor.

"Darn it all.." Luka's golden eyes looked at me apologetically.

"I fell?"

"From what I could deduce, it seems you cut your finger while peeling potatoes. I came into the kitchen just as I saw you start to sway. You fell and I was within a few inches too short of catching you."

Luka frowned again. My head continued to throb and I squeezed my eyes shut. I could feel the new lump on the side of my head.

" Here, take some of these." Luka held out some white pills, presumably over the counter painkillers - and I took them readily. I swallowed them even before he could give me any water.
He then took an ice pack from the bucket beside him and came over to stand above me beside the bed. I looked up, only to focus on Luka's beautiful golden eyes staring down at me in worry, one of his purple curls falling from behind his ear to rest softly beside his cheek. He took the icepack and softly placed it on the bump on my head, holding it there a moment to ensure it stayed.

"They should kick in shortly. For now just rest. You had a bad fall." He brushed a bang from my wincing eyes and I took a deep breath. I managed a small smile.

"thank you Luka.."

He smiled softly back and then returned to his seat beside my bed. He picked up his novel he had been reading and gave a soft sigh of relief. He glanced at me a moment.

"If you need anything else, just ask. I'll be here for a bit until our medic can come check up on you again. We want to make sure you don't have a concussion."

I sighed in relief myself and closed my eyes. With Luka watching over me I felt safe to rest my throbbing head. As I began to drift off to sleep I wondered. What was I even thinking about when I cut my finger?

------------

Later, a soft warmth spread from the bottom of my jawbone to the top of my cheek. It spread slowly but engulfed me, letting my body feel at ease. The warmth began to trail up towards my temple and I gave a content sigh, my eyes opening slowly and focusing on the light in the room in contrast to the darkness in my dreams.

"Your awake." A deeper voice greeted me this time and I focused my eyes on his deep brown hair and piercing purple eyes.

"Sirius..."

"How is your head feeling?"
He stared into my eyes with worry, his hand still against my cheek.
Ever since this morning she had been off, and he knew it. He secretly blamed himself for not making sure she took a break or took more time off after the watering can incident earlier. Kelly seemed so out of it. He pondered what was wrong.