Part 4: Confusion

It had been almost 8 hours since she'd fallen asleep. Kelly was still resting quietly in the guest room, the Black Army medic coming and going periodically to check on her. After the fourth hour mark, I had to attend to Ray and the Army, substituting as the cook as well as tending to my flowers. I had just begun to realise I missed the duties Kelly was taking on for me.

I, Sirius Oswald, strode down the hallway, my jacket softly swaying behind me in tune with my steps. I gave a long sigh and brushed my hand through my hair. I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way Kelly looked at me before falling asleep..like a young child on the brink of tears after being scolded for a minor accident. And to top it all off, she had been so aloof all day.
Something was wrong and, I knew I had to get to the bottom of it.

I walked along through another corridor on the left, then turned into the Black Army's crisis room. My team was already setup, prepping our next move.

Just as I entered, I resolved my final thoughts. Once she awoke and had time to heal, I would speak with her and get to the bottom of her feelings. If she was truly missing home, I would take it upon myself to send her there, pronto.

-----------------

Suddenly I rose from a deep, dark nightmare with a gasp. I sat upright in bed instantly and a sudden yelp shook me.

"AYYEE!"

The medic hopped back from his spot leaning above me with a clipboard, his glasses falling from his face in sudden shock.

"Oh goodness Kelly, your awake."

He instantly sighed and leaned over to pick up his spectacles, just as I rubbed my eyes.

"what a dream..." I grumbled.

"Nightmares are often the biproducts of concussions." Having now acquired his glasses, he wrote down a quick sentence before sitting on the bed near me.

"How are you feeling?"

I gazed at the medic a moment before replying.

"Better. My head doesn't hurt anymore. I just feel a little..slow." I found even as I thought of the words to speak, they came in slower waves of thought patterns. Like my mind was on a vacation and didn't really want to come back yet.

"That is normal. It will take you a few days to begin feeling back to normal."

He stood after writing a few more sentences on his papers, then took my vitals and checked the lump on my head. After a few more questions, he resolved his diagnosis and placed his clipboard in a briefcase, snapping the lid closed.

"Alright, you're free to go. Take the next few days slowly. You may work, but nothing strenuous. If your helping Sirius, perhaps helping with the garden is fine. But stay out of prepping in the kitchen for now. If you get anymore headaches, take some painkillers. There is a bottle of low dosage pills on the table here." He pointed to a white bottle on the night stand.

"Any questions?"

I took a moment, then shook my head slowly. It was alot of information to take in. The medic noticed and smiled.

"Don't worry. If you need help, simply come to the medic ward. Or ask any of the Army to assist in helping find me."

He nodded and I smiled softly

"Thank you sir."

And with that, he gave a smile before walking from the room and closing the door.

-------------

Now that I was alone, I changed into a clean long sleeve shirt and pleated skirt.
I made the bed and cleaned up before coming out. It felt like it had been forever since I was last in the kitchen, though it had only really been about 24 hours.
I had resolved to take things a day at a time for now. I still felt fuzzy in my mind. As I walked along the hall I focused on determining what to do first. Maybe a walk in the courtyard? I did have the rest of today off.