Part 6: Understanding What Is and What Isn't

(Kelly P.O.V)

I awoke in a somber daze the next morning. The light from the bright morning sun was shining through my window, illuminating and brightening up the various pieces of furniture that sat by my bed.

I sat up, my hair a mess, my pajamas tangled around me. Normally I was in a bright mood, but today I didn't even feel like getting out of bed. I yawned, stretching my arms, then slumped forward, my face abruptly frowning.
I thought of last night..how close Sirius and I were to kissing. His hand on mine, stopping me from wringing my wrists as the aftermath of my concussion made temporarily lasting impressions on my mind. His somber face as he watched me cry..

My fingers unconsciously moved to touch my lips as I lost myself in a daze.
"Sirius..." I whispered to myself.

"UGH. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS!" I called out in frustration, snapping out of my daze and lowering my head as I rubbed it furiously, messing up my hair in anger. I became a little rough and hit the sore spot on my head where I had fallen and immediately cowered.

"Owww~~.." I whimpered.

Suddenly, a heavy knock came from beyond my door.

"Alice!♫" A soft, singsong voice called. I knew who it was as soon as he yelled my name.

"Ah-Come in!" I called, as I attempted to brush my fingers through my hair to contain the mess of locks I'd made.

"Oh! Your still in bed! That won't do★" Seth walked in and shut the door behind him, his long blue ponytail falling behind his back softly as it swayed with his gait.

"Breakfast is ready my dear. Please join us!" He gave a large smile down at me.

"Who is in the dining room? I have to change still." I yawned again, his sudden visit distracting me from my woes of confused heartache for a few moments.

Seth nodded and immediately went to my closet, looking through the clothes he had helped me buy over the length of my stay and began determining an outfit to pick for me. He shifted through the hangers, moving a few dresses that seemed too thin for this slightly colder autumn day.

"Luka cooked breakfast this morning. So he is there with Fenrir and Ray. They are just setting up the plates while Luka finishes the food." He stated warmly, picking out a deep wine red coloured dress that flared at the waist, with a round high neck and long sleeves. He also found a pair of deep brown boots, just under knee length and pulled them out for me.

"What about Sirius...?" I questioned, trying to seem aloof and carefree as I brushed out my hair at my vanity with a comb.

"Oh, Sirius left last night. He said he had some errands to run today in the market so he went to stay at his sister's place in town." Seth pulled the clothes out and turned, placing them on the bed. "Your new wardrobe is adorable Alice." He grinned.

I couldn't help my face as it fell in disappointment as I looked in the mirror. I felt so confused.. why did Sirius react that way? Did he mean to almost kiss me? Was he maybe interested in someone else and realised he was leading me on?

A million different questions were running through my mind and my stomach felt like I was about to go bungie jumping. I was so nervous I didn't even feel like eating.

"Alice?" I was again surprised out of my daze as I turned to see Seth standing close beside me now at my vanity, looking worried but also concerned.

"I know something is wrong. Please tell me."

I stood up straight and faced him, sighing. I knew I couldn't hide from Seth at this point.

"Well..it's about Sirius.."