Part 18: Preparing for Battle

(Kelly P.O.V)

By the time dawn began to break through the tree's, I had made it to Loki and Harr's treehouse hideout. I had managed to stay fairly unnoticed in the forest, despite hearing casual calls and conversation in the dense tree's as I made my way to my destination. I had a feeling there was more than just myself occupying this forest.

As I descended infront of the treehouse, I looked up to see some flickering lights of Magic Crystal's surrounding the place. I knew back then when Sirius collapsed in my arms that this was the best place for me to truly learn to take on Amon. Loki and Harr both used magic themselves, and with my growing sword fighting skills, I knew I could train so I could match the disciples this time. After watching him hurt my friends, I wasn't about to give in to Amon and just let him be.

I stepped out from my hiding place behind a dense tree, and into the dim and ominous light of the forest. But as soon as I did, a sudden angry and cruel yell passed by my ears. 

" I didn't bring you here to dawdle! Secure the Black Bridge and bring back that damn woman!" A loud slap could be heard echoing through the tree's and I shuttered. I knew exactly who was yelling, and what he was yelling about.

Suddenly, a bright flash appeared just behind me and startled me out of my wits. I gasped but a soft hand fell over my mouth, keeping me from yelping in my sudden shock.

"Alice, your quite far from home on such an early morning." A deep voice purred in my ear. I glanced back to see a pair of eyes, one bright pink, and one gold. More sounds of conversation echoed within the tree's, and a sudden feeling of danger loomed about us.

"We have to move. Excuse me." Another bright flash overtook the two of us and within seconds I was standing in a comfortable living room with couches and a plush carpet. The hand let go of me and when I blinked out of my daze, Loki was standing infront of me, his hood down amongst his shoulders while his pink curls sat about his neck.

"Ah-Loki..." I mumbled in surprise. He tilted his head in confusion as he blinked at me.

"The Magic Tower is out there, Alice. You must be very careful where you are in these tense times.." Loki heeded a warning of caution before Harr stepped out from behind him suddenly,  taking the first leap at questioning my presence. He crossed his arms and stood beside his friendly counterpart.

"What is the lady of the Black Army doing here?" The Joker's voice was a bit rougher around the edges.

"I-I'm sorry to intrude.." I bowed in respect and as I returned to standing straight, Harr sighed and put his hand to his forehead in disdain.

"Sirius is going to give me alot of trouble for this..." 

"I-ah, wondered if you two could teach me to harness magic..." I looked down in embarrassment. This encounter felt like it was more troublesome to them than I had intended.

Loki blinked in surprise, before furrowing his brow suspiciously.

"Why would you need to harness magic, Alice?"

Harr returned to crossing his arms, staring at me very intently.

"There is no way your taking Amon out on your own. He is much stronger than you can become in a few days, even week's." His voice was firm and it made me wince.

I resolved the courage to plead my case to them, balling my hands into fists at my sides as I spoke. 

"Many of the Black Army troops, including Fenrir, Sirius and myself were hurt when we were ambushed by the Magic Tower. The Army is overrun with injured men, and the rest of the generals are at the front lines, fighting off both the Red Army as well as Amon's lackies." I frowned, thinking back to all the hurt men at the castle.

"I wanted to do something to help. I thought if there was a way I could distract, or even throw Amon out of commission, the Black Army could engage the Red Army and take back some of their land. Maybe even end this war for good..." I felt as if I had said all I could say, but I wasn't sure if it was exactly strong enough an arguement to win over the help of the two banished men.

"Does anyone from the Black Army have any idea of your plans? Or that your currently here?"
Harr put his fingers to his mouth inquisitively as he stared at me.

"Uh....no...." I muttered quietly, shifting the toes of my one foot into the carpet guiltily.

Harr sighed heavily, then began pacing the room behind Loki. His pink haired roommate scratched behind his hair in a cat-like manner.

"This is a tough call, Alice. The Magic Tower is already upon my doorstep. We can't just go out and fend them off in an all-out war. It's been decades that we have been attempting these kind of sting attacks with Amon..." I was surprised to hear that Harr had already planned these kind of operations, but so far had no luck.  Doubt began to rise in the pit of my stomach. Was this really not as possible as I had imagined?

"Amon must have a weakness. There is no way he is invincible." I urged, and Harr paused to glance at me again.

"Without his magic, he is useless. But his tower is brimming with Crystal. A planned attack must be carefully constructed away from his Tower, and with the intent that he doesn't bring any, or has limited Magic with him if we want to attempt to capture him." Harr continued to pace.

"What if we lured him out with Kelly? She is what Amon wants, right?" Loki piped up with a feline-like grin. 

"Ransom..." The Joker muttered in what seemed like a sudden epiphany, then walked to his dining table and began drawing what looked like a battle plan on a piece of paper.

"If we negotiated Amon and his disciples out of the Tower, we could destroy that huge Crystal that feed's his army, and the Red Army.." I watched as Harr drew scribbles of notes, as well as arrows on the paper.

"We would stop the war for sure." Loki and I watched as the Joker's skin paled slightly. Realisation had hit him.

"Alice, your defensive magic, how strong is it?"

I blinked and bit my lip.

"Im not quite sure.. Amon was able to break my barrier quite a few times, but with a sedative." I shuttered at the near distant memory.

"Loki, can you still use magic to disguise your looks?" 

Loki beamed. 

"Ofcourse. It's one of my favourite tricks to play." He purred softly.

Harr nodded, his face becoming unbearably serious.

"I have a plan."

---------

(Sirius P.O.V)

"Damnit!" I slammed my fist against my desk in frustration.

"I-I'm sorry Sir, we scoured the forests as far as we could before the Magic Tower appeared.." Jeren, one of our troops, muttered dissapointedly. I had ordered him to comb the remaining Black territory that wasn't yet overtaken by the Red Army until he found her. But he had come up completely empty.

I sighed in irritation. I could tell by the way he silently watched me, that he was surprised to see me lose my calm, cool nature. 

"Why..Where could she have run off to..." I rubbed my tired eyes in annoyance, looking over the large map of Cradle that sat sprawled out on the desk below me. The only place they hadn't been to was the deep woods of the Forbidden Forest. Amon's lackies were there.

I begged with every fibre of my being that she wasn't there, with them...

"We need to get into the Forbidden Forest..." I muttered under my breath, but before I could order Jeren to his next task, a sudden flash appeared by the door. Dust and sparkles from the Magic power dissipated, revealing a pink haired man wearing a hood with cat ears...

"Loki?" I blinked in surprise.

"I know where Alice is." He started, cutting right to the chase and not wasting a moment's worth of precious time. I stood up in shock and gazed at him.

"Sirius, I'm going to need your help.."