Part 7: The Party

The rest of the day went smoothly and without a hitch. Like I had suspected, I didn't see Sirius at all, and most of the Army were in and out of the war room, prepping plans and making more moves. But as dinner rolled around, talk and gossip of a possible party was looming in and around the corridors.

I had finished setting up my new sunflower by the window in my room, and ensured to water it. Afterwards, I left my room and continued down the hallway, deciding to check on Chutney again before dinner. And as I did, I passed two of the maids that worked during the afternoons in the castle. They were whispering and giggling.

"I heard tonight they are going to throw a great feast..."

I stopped as I heard them speaking to eachother.

"Could you repeat that?" I blinked as I looked over.

"The Army is planning to hold a great party tonight with a feast. Tonight marks the 501st Anniversary of the Army's formation, so they decided to hold a grand celebration." One of the women spoke while the other smiled broadly.

Letting this information sink in, I nodded. A celebration, huh.

"Thank you." And I continued briskly to the dinner hall.

That must be why Sirius was picking up supplies today, I noted in my thoughts as I wandered left, then into the the vast room stacked with tables of grand food. Many people were looking around, standing and talking as they filled their plates and ate their fill. It looked as if the party had already started.

"Kelly!" I heard someone call my name from the other side of the room. I saw Seth, Fenrir, and Sirius standing by with plates, talking. Seth beckoned me over with his hand and an instant blush lit up my cheeks.

"Be cool Kelly.." I repeated this new mantra over and over again in my head as I walked over. I grabbed a plate and filled it half full then made my way to them. As soon as I got there I was handed a shot of clear liquid: vodka.

"To the Black Army and our success in fending off the Reds!(thus far)." Fenrir held his shot glass up and before I was even prepared to take it I had shot it back. My face squinted at the sour aftertaste. I looked up to notice Sirius on my right and Seth on my left. I blinked as I caught a quick glance of Sirius looking at me, to which I instantly turned my head and blushed even more. I then noticed Seth also watching, to which he winked at me and smiled.

Fenrir, who clearly had had atleast a few shots by this point, already looked slightly drunk with bright red cheeks. He threw his arms up and then around Seth on his one side and Sirius on the other, then laughed.

"Who's ready for more?!"

I instinctively called out first.
"I am!" I could feel the awkward tension between Sirius and I. And what better way to get rid of that then with a few drinks?

----------------

It had been about 4 hours since we started and I had downed an umpteenth amount of shots. So many I didn't even know what number I was at any more.
Seth, Fenrir, Sirius and I all lay spread across the 2 couches in one of the many living rooms in the castle, a set of drunkards just taking a well needed break.

Fenrir and I lay on one couch, him on one side and I on the other, half sitting and half laying. Sirius and Seth lay on the other across from us, Sirius sitting with his hand over his eyes while Seth lay in his lap, giggling.

Seth's laugh was all too infectious and I burst out in laughter as well. Fenrir chimed in, third place.

"I dont-even know-whats so funny!" Seth cackled and Sirius began to giggle softly as well.