Warrior of Will & Warrior of Skill

Three months later

In a tent somewhere near Maharashtra city Sultan was explaining his strategy to Krishna, Jafer, Ruma, Shami and Fakir.

"At night Krishna with group of three thousand bandits hiding in the dried river will infiltrate the city through the tunnels built during these past three months. And with the first light of sun I will take five thousand Marrakesh soldiers and attack the city from front gate. Once the attack starts Jafer and his men will secure the tunnel from above the ground".

This plan is possible only if Arjuna leaves the city walls and comes out to battle our forces head on, Krishna showed concerns

Don't worry about that I have a secret plan for that. Sultan said in an amusing voice

You won't last more than a few moments if you challenged him to a dual. Krishna said realizing Sultan's so called secret plan.

Then you'll have to hurry my friend. Sultan blinked looking at Krishna.

                                                                ...........................................

In the morning in front of Maharashtra city gate Sultan and his five thousand soldiers were ready to attack

There was a king who took your freedom. Who took your food and who even took your right to live, and now there is another king sitting in the centre of this city planning to take what little future has to offer you, putting you back to your misery. Sultan's words were piercing his soldier's hearts.

Would you let him do that? Sultan was inspiring his soldiers riding his horse right and left in front of the army lines.

No. they roared in a single voice

Would you let him ruin your futures?

No.

Suddenly the front gate of the city opens and a young man riding his white horse comes out. His armor is shining like a sun. Holding his spear in his right hand he's riding his horse with such dignity that every eye looking at him will be caught in spell of his magnificence. Sultan's men who were roaring like dragons a moment ago were looking like lifeless dolls ready to fall anytime now.

That's a little unexpected, Sultan said looking at him, here I was thinking of ways to lure him out of the city.

But why he will come out alone? Fakir asked surprisingly.

That I'm going to ask him. You see the soldiers for now. Think of something to raise their morale again. Sultan made his horse sprint towards Arjuna

I have never seen a man rushing towards his death in such a hurry. Arjuna raised his spear over his head and the swung it back down slashing the air.

Sultan's horse stopped all of a sudden. It seemed like it had felt the slash. Even an animal a brainless beast afraid of getting cut, has realized the power of his opponent. It was natural for Sultan to understand the difference of their powers and skills. But how could he show the fear? How could he back down now after coming this far? How could he let down all those people who trusted him with their lives?

How could I reach this far if I was to be afraid of death? Sultan's warrior blood was getting excited just by being in the presence of Arjuna.

You won't back down even if I tell you I have no intention to take the life of someone weaker than me, Arjuna moved his horse towards Sultan.  Or would you?

What can I say! The feeling is mutual. Sultan also made a move.

Arjuna laughed for a moment and then getting serious all of a sudden he said, let's come to the point. Tell your men. When I kill you here now, I'll let them go and they can go back living under those rocks again.