Leaving in the Darkness

In Azure city palace

My lord we have received a letter from Guru Drona. Nelama a companion of Shiva said

Read it. Shiva asked her.

"No words of glory can praise my brother. As true leader and a fearless warrior you have fulfilled every task given to you. And I believe you will accomplish the next task with the same dignity. I want you to hand over the palace back to Count Francis for Maharashtra has sworn allegiance to the Sultan of Marrakesh. We have reached an agreement that instead of one city taking control over the whole sea all three cities will combine their efforts to produce maximum results.

People of Azure have great knowledge of the sea and will manage the fishing

Brave warriors of Maharashtra will protect the ports and ships against pirates

Familiar with the routs the bandit group of Krishna will see its supply among the cities"

                                                                                .................................................

One month later in Marrakesh city

I can't let you leave. You haven't fully recovered yet. Jafar was following Sultan who was trying to sneak out of palace at night time.

What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine, in fact never been better. Said Sultan acting tough

Really!! Jafar clutched Sultan's shoulder

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!  Sultan tried to keep his voice inside

First father left then mother died and now you are leaving me too. Jafar said with tears in his eyes. You are the only family left to me. Take me with you.

What are you, an idiot? Cheering him up putting his arm around his shoulder facing towards the city Sultan said, look at these people and tell me you don't see a family in them. If not then for what reasons we were putting our lives on line. If I take you with me then who is going to protect these people? Who is going to be their hope their Sultan?

You don't mean to..., Jafar's was completely surprised by Sultan's words, I can't do that.

Yes you can. With Shami your brain and Krishna your arms I can see your legs taking the right steps. Sultan is neither a person nor a title, Sultan took a pause and then moved a few steps forward out of the palace gate under the dark sky looking up and expanding his arms he said

"One who shines brightest in the darkest hours illuminating the paths for others to walk on is Sultan". 

Jafar was looking up to his brother like he always had in the past realizing he could never reach his status. He could never match his dignity. But he also realized that he cannot stop him now. Sultan is not meant to be a king sitting in his throne everyday but Sultan is an idea which needs to be spread throughout the world and who better person to do it besides Sultan himself.

You were not planning to leave without saying good bye. Ruma came running from behind the Jafar. Sultan took her into his arms patting her head with love. Krishna was also standing next to Jafar. And Shami was looking from a distance. Sultan bid them farewell and left the city.

                                                                                .........................................................

Out of city walls

Don't follow me. Sultan turned swiftly making a fist he said in an irritated voice.

I don't take orders from the ones who are weaker than me. Arjuna replied with little to no concern.

What did you say you dupe? You want another round. Sultan said getting into his face.

I decided to see your cause to the end when I spared your life. I don't want to end it here, said Arjuna looking sideways.

Oye! Oye! What are you talking about? Sultan said acting like he was never at back foot against Arjuna during their dual. Are you listening to me? Look at me when I'm talking to you. Ahhhh! I give up. You are quite dense.

                                                                                                ......................................