BEST FRIEND ~Portgas D. Ace X Reader~

Little (Y/n) sat there on the muddy puddle, crying. Not only had she ruined her favorite dress, but she also scraped her knee. She was also starting to feel cold as the day came to an end.

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there
Ever since we were ten, baby,                                                                                                                               When we were out on the playground playing to pretend                                                                                 I didn't know it back then

Ace turned back as he heard his best friend's sobs. There she was, on a puddle crying and her princess dress covered with mud. He walked up to her and crouched down. "What happened?" he asked. "M-my dress is ruined! And my knee hurts." She managed to say between sobs. He clicked his tongue and made her stand up. He shrugged off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders.

(Y/n) instantly smiled and hugged her best friend. "Tsk. Get over it" he muttered with pink dusting his cheeks.

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it
Grow old together, have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent

Thirteen old Ace was talking to his friends, Marco and Thatch when he saw (Y/n) enter the class with bruises on her skin. He was instantly by her side, asking her what happened. "I-it's nothing, I just fell down." She answered. He knew she was lying because every time he asked, she'd give him the same excuse. He gave her a hard glare as to say 'Tell me the truth or I'll kill you' she sighed and told him the truth. "Kidd pushed me in the playground" Ace's face flared with anger. "The nerve of the guy..." he muttered and he was gone.

He came and sat with her during lunch. He was nowhere to be seen during the whole day. (Y/n) noticed the bandages on his arms, legs, and face. "Where were you?" she asked him. Ace looked to the side to hide his flushed face. "Beating the crap out of the guy" he muttered. (Y/n) raised her eyebrow and gave him THE look. "I might or might have not also got detention..." he added sheepishly. She sighed and whacked the back of his head. "You idiot..."

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me

Ace watched (Y/n) from his spot on the floor. She was reading a book and didn't even notice him enter her room. He reached his arm and poked her cheek. "Hi, Ace" she muttered, eyes still glued on the book. He pouted. He wanted her attention but he wasn't getting any. The light bulb over his head suddenly lit up and he jumped from his spot.

He silently climbed her bed started poking her stomach. Her weak point. She yelped and glared at her best friend. Ace smirked and started to wiggle his fingers, making her roar in laughter. Her laughter was music in his ears.

"A-Ace! Stop! I-I can't breathe!" she yelled breathlessly. He stopped and stared at her. She looked at him and blushed at how close they were. Suddenly, his eyes widen and Ace fell on top of her.

"C-can't... breathe..." she wheezed. He chuckled. "Then pay attention to me!" he exclaimed. "Fine, now get off of me..." she whispered, out of breath. As he got off of her, (Y/n) rolled over and pinched his forearm. "Ow, ow, ow! It hurts!" Ace wailed as his best friend pinched him harder. She finally let go after a minute and smirked. "That's your punishment."

(I must be dreaming)
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my best friend

Ten years. It had been ten years and he still didn't have the guts to tell her how much he loved her. He wanted to declare it to the world, but he couldn't, fearing that it would ruin their friendship.

I fell in love with my best friend

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry
Girl, I was there right by your side
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy with some other guy