THE DANCE ~Father! Vinsmoke Sanji X Daughter! Reader~

I'm gonna be honest, guys. This was really cute to write. Like, imagining it all. I honestly think that Sanji will be a really good dad 💙💛

Oh, and this was requested by ADevineLight

Hope you like it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fresh smell of pancakes drafted across the house, making the little girl follow the smell until she reached the kitchen where she saw her dad making breakfast. She climbed up her special high chair and sat down.

"Morning Dad!" she greeted her dad. 

"Good morning honey. Did you sleep well?" Sanji asked, eyes still focused on the task in front of him.

"Yep." was the 9-year-old's short reply. Sanji waited for her to start rambling about the dream she had last night or about something she did that she forgot to tell him yesterday, but the only noise in the room was the clutter of the spatula hitting the pan and the hum of the stove.

Sanji tilted his head a bit to look at his daughter, whose (E/C) orbs were trained on the table and her fingers fidgeting. "Everything alright, (Y/N)?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah, everything's fine."

(Y/N) stared at her father as he skillfully made breakfast. She just couldn't bring herself to say it, but she had to. 

0o0

"And breakfast is served!" Sanji announced as he set the pile of pancakes on the table. As soon as the plate was set down, (Y/N) slid off her seat and dashed down the hallway. Sanji looked at her disappearing down the hall in confusion. 'What is wrong with her today?'

(Y/N) entered her room and opened the drawer. Snatching out the piece of paper and staring at it for a few seconds and mentally preparing herself, she ran back to the kitchen.

0o0

Standing in front of him with both her hands behind her back and eyes on the ground, Sanji was more than confused. "(Y/N), is there anything you're hiding from me?"

The (H/C) ette just pouted more as she slowly pulled her hand from behind her back and showed the paper to her dad. Carefully taking the paper from the little girl's hand, Sanji unfolded the paper and read out loud.

~ Dear Parents,

                         We are proud to inform you that we're holding the Father-Daughter ball for GrandLine Elementary school students on the first day of fall. Please be dressed formally for the event and be on time

Sincerely, 

Principle Silvers Rayleigh,

GrandLine Elementary School

"There's a ball? That too next week? (Y/N) why didn't you tell me about this before?"

(Y/N) stammered a bit before answering. "I-I-I t- thought you'll be busy and wouldn't be able to come..." she trailed off, not sure of what to say.

Sanji's eyes softened and he crouched down to her height. "Sweety, I'm always free for you. What made you think that I won't come to the ball with you?"

(Y/N) looked at him with big, hopeful eyes. "So you'll come?!"

"Of course I'll come" was his reply.

Within seconds, (Y/N) had jumped into his arms and squealing. "Yay!"

0o0

That weekend, Sanji had sent (Y/N) with Nami and Robin to buy a dress. She had also stayed over Nami's house for the weekend since she didn't want him to see what she got and that if she went back home, she'd tell him all about it.

The day of the ball came, and Sanji stood in front of Nami's house, in his usual attire- blue shirt, black dress pants, coat, and tie. A rose rested on his coat pocket and a colorful bouquet in his hands.

Ringing the bell, he waited. The door opened a few seconds later, revealing (Y/N) in a poofy (F/C) knee-length dress with matching flats, gloves, and headband. Her hair was done in a really cute bun with glitter.

"Hi, dad! How do I look?" (Y/N) asked excitedly, her (E/C) sparkling with happiness.

"Honey, you look like a real princess!" Sanji praised, getting on one knee so he could reach her height.

"For you, your highness" he bowed his head down, presenting her with the bouquet,

"Why, thank you, good sir," (Y/N) shyly said, giggling as she took the bouquet from her father's hands.

0o0

On their way to the school, (Y/N) rambled on about how she was gonna introduce Sanji to all her friends and how much fun she'll have.

They reached just in time for the ball to start. (Y/N) lead Sanji directly to her friends as soon as they entered the auditorium, where the ball was taking place. 

The two took parts in many activities that were arranged, and (Y/N) even did a play where she played as the queen and Sanji couldn't be more proud of his daughter.

The time to dance finally came, and the two stood in front of each other. Sanji bowed, offering out a hand. "May I have a dance, your highness?"

Putting her hand on top of her father's, Sanji took hold of the other and the two swayed to the slow music that was playing through the speakers.

"Dad, you know that you'd have to do this at my wedding, too, right?" (Y/N) said, her voice just above a whisper.

Sanji scoffed before answering. "Yeah, but the day is too far away. I'm not going to let my little angel go away so easily."

And the day was too far away, but it did come. And it wasn't easy either.

Now, 20 years later, the two stood in front of each other just like they did years ago and swayed to the melody.

Sanji looked at his daughter, sight blurred with tears. she looked beautiful than ever before in her white wedding dress.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "Feels like déjà vu, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, and you said that the day was too far away but look where we are now."

A moment of silence passed before Sanji spoke again. "I'm very proud of you"

She laid her head on her father's chest before answering. "I know,"

Sanji let out a breathless laugh. 

"I love you Dad"

"I love you too, my little angel, forever..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like it! I was squealing the whole time writing it.

I honestly can't imagine Sanji as an old man tho,😂

All the love,

~LMH