UNREALISED FEELINGS ~Monkey D. Luffy X Shy! Reader~

Requested by @SoftRamen 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She watched him from her spot as he laughed with his friends as if he was the happiest person on the planet.

Maybe he was. His onyx orbs always shone under the sun, making it seem like they were the rarest and precious gems in the universe. When effulged in the darkness, they still stood out, like rare, shiny jewels.

He had this aura around him that made her want to just stare and admire him. Yet he wouldn't notice her after all those years. Sure, they shared classes but she was always away from his eyesight. Even a simple glance towards her general direction would give her the butterflies and make her feel at peace.

"You're staring at him again aren't you?" Rebecca had that knowing smile on her face as she found her best friend lost in her daydream. She got a sigh from the (H/C)-ette.

"No. Rebecca, don't give me that look. I know you're up to something."

"What? No, I'm just looking at how much you're in love with him."

Another sigh left from her lips as they walked around the grassy lawns of Grand Line High. "Of course I love him. What's not to love about him?"

"I guess you know the answer since you're the one in love with him."

She sighed again. "Being in love is nothing like I imagined. People say you feel dizzy and want to run and scream, but all I feel is butterflies and at peace. As if, he is home, you know?"

"Woah there, Shakespeare"

"What? It's true!"

Rebecca sighed. "Alright, whatever you say, (Y/N)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, (Y/N) was in Ms Nico Robin's history class, once again staring at the back of Luffy's head. She herself was confused as to why she got top marks when all she does is stare at the goofball in every class she shared with him.

"Alright, everyone! I want you all to do a project. Do note that this will be a very important one as it will cover more than 50 per cent of your grades. You will be doing this in pairs so please cooperate. The topic can be anything of your choice so be creative!"

As Ms Nico started saying names out loud, (Y/N) finally heard her name. As she looked up, she noticed Miss. Nico give her a little smirk, which she dismissed. "(Y/N), you will be paired with Luffy"

All of a sudden that little smirk of hers made sense. Her muscles grew stiff and her heart raced like crazy. Just as she was thinking about disappearing into her personal black hole, she noticed Luffy waving at her from his seat, grinning. 

She gave him a little wave and heard giggling behind her, where Rebecca sat. Turning around, she glared at her best friend. "What the hell are you laughing at?"

Rebecca fought a snicker. "Oh, just how unfortunate it is that you got paired with Luffy of all people, hee-hee"

Realization hit her like a truck. Miss Nico is a good friend of Rebecca's mother! Her eyes narrowed at her. "Rebecca you didn't!"

"Oh, but I did! How else were you planning on talking to him?!"

Just as she was about to reply, the bell rang and Rebecca sprinted out of the room.

Sighing, she stood up to approach Luffy. "It's now or never, (Y/N)."  

It was like her legs ad a mind of their own because as soon as she reached Luffy's desk, she continued their way towards the door. That is until Luffy called out her name.