4~ Almost Better

My parents checked Annie's school progress through her program, and she hadn't done any lessons in the past two months. I heard my mom raging downstairs. My dad was attempting to calm her down, but it wasn't working.

I heard her stomping up the stairs. I stopped her at the top.

"Mom, you have to understand how Annie's mind is right now. She can't do any school, she's too fragile," I tried to tell her.

She went around me and bursted into Annie's room.

"Julianna Grace Leblanc! You better start doing school again! I know you haven't done any in so long, so you better catch yourself up! I won't have a daughter that's so lazy she ends up repeating a grade!" My mom shouted.

Immediately, I heard Annie start crying. My mom stormed out of the room, slamming the door so loudly it echoed through the halls, and she ran downstairs. I quickly and quietly went into Annie's room.

I noticed that Annie was wearing different clothes than last week, when we watched a movie together, so that made me happy. She had on a cami and sweatpants.

Annie started hyperventilating.

"Ans, I'm so sorry about mom, I tried to stop her—"

"No, it's fine, I deserve to be yelled at," She choked out.

"Nobody deserves to be yelled at," I said, hugging her.

Annie hugged me back. We held each other for a while, until she stopped crying.

"I should start school again," she said, picking her laptop up off her nightstand.

"You don't have to if you don't want to—"

"No, I need to," she said.

"Well, at least let me help," I said.

For around an hour, Annie and I worked on history, since it would be the easiest thing for me to help with.

Finally, she closed her laptop, and we were tired.

"I think I'm going to take a nap," Annie said.

"Okay," I said, getting up and heading towards the door.

I stood in the doorway for a moment. She pulled the comforter over her head.

"Love you Annie," I said.

"I love you too," she mumbled.

I smiled.