[Chapter 4]

November 6th, 2038
3:34AM

Markus kneels on the ground, the rain pouring heavily as he looks down. A car pulls up on the side of the street and a woman runs out, pulling her hood up as the rain already soaked her.

"Hey! Sir, are you okay?" She shouts, running to him.

"Hello?" She questions. Markus looks up at her, pressing a hand to the ground as he wearily begins to stand up. (Y/N) grabs his arm, helping haul him up.

"Wait here." She orders, walking over to a pole with a coat hanging on it and it blows in the wind.

"My name is Markus." He mumbles, but she's too far away to hear.

"Here." (Y/N) hands him the coat and he stares at her, grabbing the coat. She frowns, feeling like she had seen him before as she stares into his eyes. They differentiated colour, with one blue and one green and her lips purse together.

"I'm late for work, but get out of the rain, yeah?" She tells him, turning back and running to her car.

***

November 6th, 2038
9:56AM

(Y/N) walks into the precinct, rubbing the sleep for her eyes as she lets out a yawn. Walking over to her desk, she places the coffee cup down, taking off her jacket and ending her break.

"Hey, bring me a coffee, dipshit!" A voice yells from inside the break room. "Get a move on!" It draws her attention and she heads over, spotting Gavin and Connor in a stand off.

"I'm sorry, but I only take orders from Lieutenant and Detective Anderson." Connor replies.

"Oh... oh." Gavin chuckles, hitting the android in the stomach.

"Hey!" (Y/N) shouts, walking over and pushing Gavin away. "Back off!" She orders, picking Connor back up.

"Stay outta my way, bitch." Gavin spits.

"Okay." She laughs and this time, it's (Y/N) who lands the hit, punching him in the face. He stumbles back, clutching his nose and she groans in pain from her knuckles, shaking them slightly.

"I really don't like that word." She tells him, walking out of the room and back towards her desk.

Hank comes out of the Captain's office and sits at his desk opposite his daughter. "The hell happened to you?" He questions, immediately spotting the blood.

"Some asshole called me a bitch." (Y/N) grumbles and he holds his arm across the desk, taking her hand in his to view the bruising knuckles.

"People should know not to call you that." Hank answers, chuckling. "Go get ice for that, kid." He instructs.

"You got it, pops." She replies, pushing out from her desk and leaving.

(Y/N) returns with an ice pack over her knuckles, approaching her desk and frowning at Connor sat in her chair.

"I'm sorry, Miss Anderson, but I needed somewhere to take a look at the files." The android looks back at the screen and (Y/N) nods. "I mean, sure." She shrugs.

"243 files... the first dates back nine months... it all started in Detroit and quickly spread across the country." Connor mutters.

He looks at the Andersons' who look bored with his talking. "An AX400 is reported to have assaulted a man last night. That could be a good starting point for our investigation." He says.

Connor stands, walking around to Hank, who groans and picks up a tablet to avoid talking to the android.

"I know you didn't ask for this investigation, Lieutenant, but I'm sure you're a professional." Connor tells him.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" Hank replies, annoyed.

The prototype leans on Hank's desk, moving close to his face. "I've been assigned this mission, Lieutenant. I didn't come here to wait until you feel like working."

Hank sighs in annoyance, turning and grabbing the android by the front of his jacket and swinging him around into the wall.

"Listen, asshole, if it was up to me, I'd throw the lot of you in a dumpster and set a match to it. So, stop pissing me off... or things are gonna get nasty." He threatens.

(Y/N) shakes her head at the pair. "Dad would you put the android down?" She orders, tired of the way they were acting.

"Detective." A cop comes up behind her. "Uh, sorry to disturb... this." He motions to the scene behind her.

"I have some information on the AX400 that attacked the guy last night. It's been seen in the Ravendale district." He informs her.

"We're on it." (Y/N) replies, waving him away and grabbing Hank's coat with her good hand. He drops Connor and turns to his daughter.

"I'll drive. You can't do shit with that hand." Hank grumbles.

"Actually, I was gonna start paperwork but ending my shift, but okay." She replies, rolling her eyes and grabbing her jacket and now cold coffee.

"Someone's gotta keep y'all in line." (Y/N) mutters, following the two out of the precinct.