[Chapter 9]

Warning: mentions of suicide/ suicidal thoughts

  November 7th 2038
1:19AM

(Y/N) pulls up behind the park and sighs. "Wait here.'' She orders and Connor looks at her and then looks back out front, his hands on his knees.

She exits the car, making her way through the park and towards Hank, who sits on the back rest, his feet on the seat of the bench.

''Dad.'' She approaches him carefully, noticing the pack of beers sat next to his feet. The snow had covered his jacket and he grumbles a response to his daughter.

(Y/N) looks out at the view, wrapping her jacket tighter and sitting on the other side of him, not saying a word.

They sit in silence for a while, a light breeze in the air and the snow falling softly on them. (Y/N) picks up one of the already empty beer bottles.

''This doesn't help.'' She finally breaks the silence, staring at the bottle in her hand that she's been so used to seeing in her father's possession.

''Worked wonders before.'' He replies, taking more sips.

A few minutes pass between the two and (Y/N) taps her fingernails against the bottle. Hank looks to the side and sees Connor stood staring.

''Nice view, huh?'' Hank asks. ''I used to come here a lot before...'' He trails off and (Y/N) looks up, staring at him.

''With ten bottles of beer no doubt.'' She suddenly spits, frustrated.

''Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?'' Connor asks.

''Do all androids ask so many personal questions or is it just you?'' Hank wonders.

''Why are you so determined to kill yourself?'' Connor questions, his arms crossed. (Y/N) slides off the bench, shaking her head.

''You can't ask things like that! Why - why would you even....'' (Y/N)'s voice breaks, her sentence fading as the realisation hits her.

''You found him didn't you. Unconscious? Drank too much? A gun or perhaps a knife?'' The tears were now streaming down her face.

Both Connor and Hank don't reply and she scoffs. ''Of course you did. Because I have found him in that state time and time again. I try so hard to help and yet you can't accept it!'' She shouts, distraught.

Hank brings the bottle to his lips, taking a long sip whilst she stares at him, disgusted. Connor looks between the two, not understanding what to do.

''I can't even with you right now.'' She scoffs, waving her hand. Once nobody says something, she yells in frustration, slamming the beer bottle down on the bench and shattering it.

Hank looks over to his daughter and at the fresh blood on her hand. ''You're gonna want to clean that.''

(Y/N) shakes her head, storming back through the park and into her car, slamming the door shut and letting the tears fall.

**

November 7th 2038
9:24AM

(Y/N) sits on the frost covered bench, wrapping a bandage around her hand, but messing up everytime she tried to tie it.

A man sits down next to her, observing the androids around him. He looks at the poster, the waiting androids and the people yelling at their machines beside them.

''Thank you.'' The man speaks. (Y/N) looks up to see Markus. ''For?'' She asks, her voice holding frustration.

''For helping me get the parts.'' Markus reminds her. She nods and he looks down at her bloodied hand.

''What happened?'' He asks.

''I cut my hand.'' She answers, bluntly. Gently, he takes her hand, lifting it up and taking the bandage from her.

''What are you doing?'' (Y/N) looks at him confused. Markus carefully begins to wrap her hand in the bandage. His touch was delicate and it makes (Y/N) shiver.

''Thanks.'' She whispers, once he's done. She pulls her hand away, giving him a soft smile. Markus stares with a small smile of his own, taking in her features.

''I should get going.'' Markus tells her and she clears her throat, standing abruptly.

''Yeah, me too. I'm probably due at the precinct.'' (Y/N) states, chuckling.

Markus nods and watches her turn, shoving her hand in her pockets and walking briskly away.