[Chapter 13]

November 9th 2038
4:13PM

''Anderson!'' (Y/N) looks up to see the Captain stood at the door of his office. ''Here, now!'' He shouts and disappears back in the office.

(Y/N) frowns from her position in the opening door of the precinct and making her way over. She double checks the room to see if he meant her dad and when she looks through the glass, he was already inside with Connor.

The Captain is already sitting on the desk and (Y/N) closes the door behind her. ''What's going on?''

''You're off the case. The FBI is taking over.''

''What? But we're onto something!'' Hank protests. ''We - we just need more time, I'm sure we can - ''

''Hank, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! It's out of our hands now.'' Captain Fowler tells them. ''We're talking about national security here.''

''Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now! Not when we're so close!'' Hank exclaims.

''You're always saying you can't stand androids. Jesus, Hank, make up your mind.'' Fowler counters. ''I thought you'd be happy about this!''

''We're about to crack the case. I know we can solve it.'' Hank leans on the chair. ''For God's sake, Jeffrey, can't you back me up this one time?''

Captain Fowler sighs, shaking his head. ''There's nothing I can do. The both of you are back on homicide and the android returns to CyberLife.''

Connor stares at him and (Y/N) crosses her hands over her chest, shaking her head. ''I'm sorry, Hank, (Y/N), but it's over.'' Fowler apologises.

The young woman scoffs, turning and pulling the door open, storming out with Hank following. Connor watches the two leave, taking his time to follow after.

The father and daughter sit at their opposing desks and Connor joins them, sitting on the desk next to the two.

''We could have solved this case! We just needed more time.'' He exclaims, frustrated and Hank turns his chair around, facing him. ''So you're going back to CyberLife?'' He questions.

''I have no choice. I'll be deactivated and analysed to find out why I failed.'' Connor informs them.

(Y/N) rubs her eyes, her head now in her hands. ''What if we're on the wrong side?'' She suddenly speaks up.

Hank looks at her, noticing her distressed state and nods. ''What if we're fighting against people who just wanna be free?'' He adds.

''When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos. We could have stopped it. But now it's too late.'' Connor says, his gaze faltering as he stares at the floor.

''When you refused to kill that android at Kamski's place... you put yourself in her shoes. You showed empathy, Connor. Empathy is a human emotion."Hank says and (Y/N) looks up at this news, looking at the android with surprise.

''You're wrong, Lieutenant. It was logic that determined my decisions. Nothing more.'' Connor is adament and Hank eyes him wearily.

(Y/N) spots someone walking in from behind Connor and scoffs. ''Here comes Perkins, motherfucker, sure doesn't waster any time at the FBI.''

Connor looks at him and then looks back, his hands crossed. ''We can't give up. I know the evidence is in the evidence we collected. If Perkins takes it, it's all over.''

''There's no choice! You heard Fowler, we're off the case.'' Hank reminds him.

Eagerly, Connor jumps off the desk. ''You've got to help me, Lieutenant.'' He pleads, turning to (Y/N). ''Detective.''