[Chapter 18]

November 9th, 2038
11:20PM

(Y/N) takes the taxi for most of the ride there, stopping it just in running distance of the fight. She exits the car in a hurry, sprinting down the snow ridden streets and up to the blocked off area.

Shots rang out, grenades exploded and everything merged into one continuous sound of fear and anger.  Two armed officers permit her from going any further, grabbing hold of her arm.

"Get off me!" (Y/N) yells, kneeing one in the groin and punching the other.

A third jumps up on the barricade and she reacts quickly, grabbing his gun and pulling him off, using the gun to intimidate. He lowers to his knees; his hands up in surrender and she disarms them weapon, throwing them to the side. She jumps over the barricades to find Markus and his people run to the front of a building, stopping.

The armed officers surround them, blocking any exits and Markus stands in front of his people. They were cornered off and this was the end.

Anderson's daughter's eyes widen and before she can even comprehend what she was doing, her feet was carrying her across the snow.

"Markus!" She shouts and a few officers turn, allowing her to distract them with pushing her way in, throwing punches.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" He questions, his voice as calm as ever. He was panicked, of course he was, for his people, but now it elevated at the sight of her and he takes her in his arms,

The tears stream down her face and her fingers run from his face to his coat, gripping on to it tight.

"You can't die. I won't allow it." She whispers and he cups her face. "I love you, Markus."

Without another word said between them, Markus pulls the two closer, pressing his lips against her cold ones in a longing and passionate kiss.

Around them, the armed men stand down, lowering their guns at the sight before them.

An android and a human: in love.

The men eventually disperse on orders, leaving the group and walking away from the fight.

Markus stares, lovingly into (Y/N)'s eyes, wiping away the tears. He held a smile of relief and hope, bringing his forehead to rest on hers.

"I love you too."

***

"At dawn, today. November 11th, 2038, thousands of androids invaded the city of Detroit."

"According to our sources, they originated from CyberLife warehouse believed to have been infiltrated by deviants."

"Given their overwhelming numbers and the risk of civilian casualties, I have ordered the army to retreat."

"The evacuation of the city is underway at this very moment."

"In the coming hours, I will address the Senate to determine our response to this unprecedented situation."

"I know that public opinion has been moved up by the deviants' cause. Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life."

"One thing is certain: the events in Detroit have changed the world forever."

"May God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America."

***

Hank looks at the live footage being played on his screen, Sumo at his feet. He had come back from clearing his head about the Connor situation and he was perched on the edge of his suit, still in the same clothes.

Portrayed on the screen was the deviant leader and some woman, sharing an intimate moment. It makes looks closer, leaning forward and his eyes widen to notice the (H/C) woman as his very own daughter.

She was kissing the deviant leader and it was being broadcasted for the whole of Detroit to see.

He couldn't believe his little girl had grown up to stand what she believed in. To fight for the one she loved.

And he couldn't be prouder.