Chapter 14 - Plans

Eren's P.O.V:

Having to actually sleep next to Levi made me very uncomfortable, shy, and overall...flustered.

He requested I sleep in the same room after our encounter with that...person. Who had light brown hair with interesting highlights in it. Said highlights snaked across his hair like electricity. The color being an extremely light blue.

I couldn't see the assassin's facial features that well, due to the lighting, but I swear there were two different colors of eyes there. One being a dark, sapphire blue, and the other being a very light, sky-blue.

Levi double-checked every lock there had to be in the room. And I was reminded of the time he visited me as a child. A very faint scar still on my neck due to his knife's sharp edge.

The raven was already fast asleep, and I couldn't help but move the stray strands of hair out of his face. Looking over his features for the fiftieth time.

When did I start thinking about him this way?

I adverted my gaze. Crossing my arms against my chest. Unable to leave the room due to the possibility of someone trying to harm one of us. Or both.

I don't recall doing anything to piss anyone off. Unless it had to do with my forgotten hatred for the man starting to cuddle up next to me.

"You don't like physical contact, eh?" I asked Levi. Fully aware he was unable to hear me. "You liar."

Patting his head, I sunk down in to the sheets of the bed. Getting comfortable in a lying down position, other than a sitting up one.

I could only wish I was able hit the bed and immediately fall asleep. But alas, I couldn't. So I simply stared up at the ceiling. Wondering what would happen if that person got in.

What if he actually killed one of us?

My expression fell, and I wrapped my arms around the man next to me. I can't let that happen. I don't want to end up in a relationship like Marco now is. That would be too much for me to handle.

I wonder what he's thinking now. I would be devastated  if that was Levi and I instead.

But you hate Levi. You can't obtain feelings for someone who tried to kill you your entire life. It's unnatural to have feelings for a guy, and one twice your age at that!

Lightly shaking my head to remove the dangerous thoughts starting to caress my knowledge, I shut my eyes as tight as possible. Making little blue and green dots start to swim in the blackness of my eyelids.

"Eren? What are you doing?"

"Hm?"

"You aren't going to fall asleep like that."

"I don't care."

My hair was suddenly ruffled, and I let out a huff of disapproval towards the man next to me.

"When did you wake up?" I asked. Loosening the tightness of my eyelids before opening them.

"Just now," Levi replied.

"Why?"

"I wake up multiple times in the night...I don't have any control over it."

"Oh. I thought it was some cool self defense mechanism."

Levi scoffed. "So I'm not cool now?"

"Oh-no! Don't take it that way. You are cool."

"Sure."

Oh, please. Don't get all depressed on me now.

"I'm cold," Levi suddenly complained.

My eyes flickered over to the raven. "And you say that why?"