Chapter 15 - Attack

Eren's P.O.V:

I swiftly strolled through the hallways. Eyes darting back and forth nervously. Levi was at Jean's kingdom with Marco only. I knew he could handle himself if things went sour there, but did he really have to leave me alone here? I'm like a sitting duck. Anyone could just strangle me at any moment... And that almost happened twice if it weren't for Petra, who was in the same room at the same time as both incidents happened.

"Hey, Eren. Where're you heading off to?" I heard someone behind me ask. Making me flinch in surprise at how close the voice was. I turned around to find Oluo with his hands on his hips.

"Outside," I responded. Trying to go back to my speed-walking through the now very stuffy halls.

Oluo made no attempt to try and grab me, but I knew his gaze was burning holes into my back. And as I was turning a corner, I found myself face-to-face with a shady figure.

"Excuse me," a raspy voice spoke from under the black hood draped over the person's face.

I was about to move out of the way, but realized this person was strange. No one ever wore such casual wear in this castle. Even if Levi was poorer than I, he still had firmly set standards. "Wait," I called out. Making the person pause. "who are you?"

Instead of turning around and explaining, the person broke into a sprint. Heading straight towards Oluo, who was walking back to wherever he came from.

"Oluo! Watch out!" I yelled. Stopping when the mystery person taking long-ass strides pulled out a pistol. Shooting my way and almost hitting my head.

Oluo backed into a wall. Biting his tongue before he could say anything to the hooded person now holding him at gunpoint.

"Where is the king of this land?" The same raspy voice asked harshly. Pushing the metal object against Oluo's head.

"H-he's not here right now," Oluo sputtered.

"Where is he, then?" The figure asked.

"At another kingdom," Oluo answered honestly. Almost pulling out something from his pocket before his arms were pinned behind his back.

"Which one?" The person asked. A crooked smile visible from my perspective.

"I don't know!"

The pistol clicked, and ringing filled my ears as Oluo slumped to the floor without a care for his body's safety.

I suddenly realized I was next. And I knew exactly where Levi is.

"Don't you dare try to run from me," The figure hissed. Walking towards my paralyzed form.

"Don't shoot me, please. Not yet," I pleaded. I knew that at this point it was fruitless. But it was worth a shot. (No pun intended.)

"I won't shoot you if you tell me where the king of this place is," the hooded figure said simply. Grabbing my wind-pipe from behind, and pushing the gun to my head.

"Tell me your name first," I growled. Not caring if the strangling grip on my throat was getting tighter.

"Why would you need my name?"

I frantically dug around for a reason. My lungs burning for the oxygen they weren't recieving due to the slender fingers wrapped around my throat. Suffocating me.

"I...I would like to know the name of the person who killed me," I whispered. Out of ideas. I knew I was stalling, and I'm sure he knew it too, but his grip loosened slightly.

"So you don't know where Levi is?"

"No," I lied. I couldn't tell him I knew. That would put not only mine, but his life in danger too. God knows what he's getting at that other kingdom...where he is oblivious to the fact that I am now being strangled for the third time.