secret identity [g. richard]

⚠ swearing

swearing.

( sum dick!robin imagine uwu )

------ ༉‧₊˚✧

"[your last name]?" the teacher infront seeks your attention as you pry your eyes away from the book you're currently reading, then raised your hand to show her that you're present and to show her where you're sitting at. upon seeing your pokerface among the crowd, she waves what you assumed was your paper from last week's exam, urging you to go get it from her.

the chair's legs that you were sitting on screeched beneath you as you push it behind, in order to stand up and retrieve your test. hopefully, you'll be able to top the class' mister smarty-pants, richard grayson, but you seriously doubt it. to be honest, you've been trying your hardest to get a higher score than him, and of course, it usually fails because you can't really expect something lesser from that guy. perks of being the ward of the owner of wayne enterprises. he's just that amazing.

whoa, [your name] stop complimenting him!

but instead of stopping those good thoughts about him, every other positive aspects you could think of about him suddenly showed themselves.

oh my god, i think i really have a thing for that.. that.. hot shot- hot sauce!

to say that you have a little crush on him is a lie, because you knew how much infatuated you are with him. how could you not? he was charming and smart. plus, he reminds you of a superhero.. kid flash, maybe.

when your paper was returned to you, the screaming red a sitting on the top right corner of your paper was satisfying, but seeing richard's a+ from the corner of your eye made you hide the said paper in order to escape all the shame that it provides you. you're not just studying because of mister smarty pants.. but wouldn't it be a little fun to mix a few rivalry along the journey?

"what did you get?" asks the ravenette as he tried to peek on your paper, in which you flipped it away from his lingering blue eyes. what was the point of trying to beat him?

i'll never reach him.

you groaned inaudibly- so much that you think it only existed in your mind. you're still thinking good of him, great. well, at least like he'll never know those, because you'll never tell him. he doesn't deserve the satisfaction of knowing that he's your standards among guys.

"why do you care?" you snarled.

"well, hoping to see that i'm still the best?" he shrugged unsurely- although you had a feeling that he's being smug- but that was quickly replaced by his usual cackles, or well as he generally liked to call it, his laughs. but you're pretty sure it's a cackle. and it's also strange how similar his laugh is compared to robin's when he would disappear randomly. maybe it's just your imagination. "oh wait, i am." he finishes and grins.