second lives and chances [t. jason]

⚠ swearing, death, violence & something surprising maybe :p

swearing, death, violence & something surprising maybe :p

( the ending shocked me so watch out lmao )

------ ༉‧₊˚

"damn it!" you whispered to yourself in frustration, as you struggled to catch your breaths between your racing heart and fast moving legs.

you were one of gotham's villains. sure, you weren't as deadly and crazy as joker, nor were you as cunning and strategic as catwoman, but you were not as low class and insane like the usual thugs. you had your own wit, your improvisations and not once, ever, in your life, had one of the vigilante catch a glimpse of your hair, or your form. no one had captured [villain name], and you weren't planning to be captured.

you go unnoticed, and you leave unnoticed. just like a ninja. just like how you were trained. until this time came where you had to run away, to prevent them from ever catching you. had you known that it wasn't batman or robin you were dealing with, you wouln't have done this heist. but unfortunately, you had no idea that they'd be changing their tactic. that they'd change the vigilante for the night, and in such damned luck you have, it turned out to be someone you know nothing about.

he had guns instead of batarangs or katanas. and you were not sure how exactly you can dodge a bullet without seeing where he's exactly pointing the gun because of the dark, but to hell with that. you just ran as if your life depended on it.

actually, it does.

"stop or i'll shoot." his manly voice erupted behind you, but you didn't stop running. did he take you for a fool? you won't let him catch you. you knew how life goes in prison, and you don't want to be stuck there. especially since you can be out here, planning what to steal and how to execute it.

"i'm not batman and nor do i follow his no killing rules, if you continue running and i shoot, i'm sorry but you can bleed here to death."

you didn't retort, nor did you stop running. if you speak, he'll find out you're a woman. and it'll be a step closer to finding who you are. besides, if he really does shoot, you doubt that he'd hit a vital organ and harm you like that. you're running, and so is he. if he stops running after you, there is a great possibility that you could escape. but with running, too, there is a great possibility that he'll miss or will hit probably a not-so-special organ.

you heard his gun cock, and with a smirk, you stopped running to jump in the nearest manhole, using a smoke bomb so he can't see which direction you're running to.

a gun cock, and a blink of an eye, you were gone.

--

"god, you look awful, are you sure you don't need today's break?" your co worker whose name was sam worriedly asked. she was less of a co worker and more of a mom, to be honest. once she found out you were an orphan, it became her duty to check up on you daily. and it was easy because you were around her almost everyday because of work. it was fun; having her around. it made you feel wanted, and that's why you loved her so much.