lies, camera, action [w. damian]

l i e s , c a m e r a , a c t i o n !

⚠ swearing, lower case letters & descriptive make outs

⚠ swearing, lower case letters & descriptive make outs. read at your own risk.

this is set on modern au.. so no superheroes :(

------ ༉‧₊˚✧

"you're upset." he stated, eyes unwavering as he gaze into your eyes. he was always like this, reading your expressions and concluding what's behind them as if it's his own personal hobby. it didn't bother you much, no. it was helpful to have someone look at you and know what you're already feeling, but how can you want that if even you, yourself, don't know what's the matter with the sudden aches and electrifying shock?

"i'm not, what makes you think that?" you managed to let out a half hearted chuckle in order to stop him from worrying about you, albeit not showing it, but you knew that there was no way you can convince him you're fine. he has already seen your misty eyes, quivering lips and trembling hands, there was no way now that he's letting you suffer all alone like this again.

but how can he stop all your sufferings if he's the one causing them?

you wanted to ask him. why he suddenly introduced his fiancée to you a few days ago, when you had no idea she exists before long. why he invited you over this family dinner when your existence wasn't exactly needed. why he constantly brings you to every significant moments in his life as if you're someone who he is deeply in love with.

you wanted to tell him. how much it hurt that he's loving somebody else who isn't you. how much it sucks to be in the same place as he and his lover were at. how much it made you go crazy thinking about the 'what could have been's if only you weren't such a good friend to be stuck in that zone.

what if he's actually seen me more as a safety blanket?

would that have made a difference, you wondered. but right now you had no choice but to act tough and strong in front of him, you had to make sure there was no love in your eyes when you look at him, you had to make sure that he won't figure out exactly what you are feeling. 6 dreadfully long months you have kept in bottled inside, what could go wrong tonight?

"i don't know. you tell me." he says, eyes still boring into your own, so you looked away, not having the courage to stare at his shining emerald green eyes.

you sighed. "fine.. i'm a little bit under the weather so i excused myself for awhile."

he looks unconvinced, but didn't comment on your statement whatsoever. instead, he looks back at the table you both came from, seeing that everyone was busy chatting amongst themselves, before looking back at you and gesturing you to follow him.