Chapter 2: Christmas Eve

••• Mari-chan's P.O.V •••

4 years have passed and Haru stopped sending letters. I'm 15 years old now, and I work at a Maid Café near Noah's Ark of Orphans, so that I can help the orphanage and earn money to buy the newest album of ST☆RISH *kyaaaah~~!* (maid cafés give large salaries). And still no one has adopted me, I'm a bit sad about it because all of my friends were adopted while I'm still here with these new ones..

Until one day, Our Lady, the head of the Noah"s Ark of Orphans, called me to go to her office....

(OUR LADY's OFFICE)

Our Lady: "Sit down, Mari." - she smiled gently

Mari: "What do you need from me, Our Lady?" - I said it as I bow.

Our Lady: "You've been here for 10 years and still no one has adopted you and I'm really sorry for it." -she said sadly

Mari: "Its alright with me, Our Lady" - I faked my smile..

Our Lady: "For all your hard work, love and kindness.. No one noticed it didn't they? Thank you for all the help you've given me, and to this orphanage and orphans, Mari-chan. You're like a grand daughter to me." -she hold my hand.

Our Lady: "When you turn 18, no one can adopt you."

Mari: "I know that, Our Lady." -I smiled and looked at the floor

Our Lady: "That's why,.... I wanted you to perform in the coming celebration of Christmas."

Mari: "B-But I'm not goo---"

Our Lady: "You're have something special inside of you that no one can see. That person who'll adopt you will see that thing inside of you. Maybe that person is still finding you.. You'll be able to get your happy ending like the ones you read to those little orphans.." -she said while holding my cheeks

Then tears bursted out and I began to cry..

Mari: "Th-thank you, Th-thank you!" - I said smiling but with flowing tears.

Our Lady hugged me as I hugged her back.

••• TIME-SKIP •••

The days have passed and it was Christmas Eve. I will play the piano and sing my composition.. I'm soooo nervous! The children dressed beautifully so that someone could catch their attention and finally be adopted.

Mari: "I hope I could find a kind family who would accept me, and find my own happy ending." I told that wish as I look at the evening star brightly shining.

••• TIME-SKIP ••• Normal P.O.V •••

Soon the program would start at any moment.. Suddenly a fancy car arrived and a man came out, carrying some boxes for the children.

Rintarou: "Our Lady, Merry Christmas." -he said happily

Our Lady: "Hinata-san! Thank you for coming here!"

Rintarou: "I just wanted to fulfill my deceased wife's wish. She just wants to give happiness to these wonderful children here."

Our Lady: "Reiko-chan really has a soft spot for orphans, its because she's an orphan who came here.."

Rintarou: "That's why this orphans are dear to her, especially the Noah's Ark of Orphans."

Our Lady: "Haha! But you haven't visited here for years. Reiko-chan will be saddened.."